Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

The most $$$$ you've bet on a race

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:00 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
I was invovled with a 150$ bet.

A Friend's 383 TH400 2000 WS.6 w/ 12 bolt and n20 vs a Large single turbo Talon TSi, The TSi was a dirt bag racer, crossed the line, and the WS.6 backed off and there was a huge arguement, the crowed went from about 10 on our side, 20 on theirs to about 50 with other people coming.

We got threatened with base ball bats and knives and all that crazy ****, we wanted to re race, they wanted to say they won and we had to put up more money.

Neutral people tried to step in and remain neutral and at the end I get threaten to be shot and I said **** that, take all the money back, no winners.

It may sound like fiction but it was something I'll never forget, the next week I see the punk who threatend me, and he didnt have his boys and was quite the *****.

Never again for me.
I've been involved in a few incidents like this, now I'm real careful who I race, make sure a neutral party holds the money and is at the finish etc.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:28 PM
Village Idiot

I raced for a cup of coffee and lost...I was pissed as I went up against a fine tuned and built 400whp boosted Lexus that was just a little faster then mine on the topend.....

I also raced for some Bush recently... My bud and I both liked the same girl and bet whom ever won the race got to pursue the girl afterwards... I won the race but didn't end up getting the girl...She turned out to be a money hungry hoe... My buddy has a new G37 infinity with a few bolt on mods..I smoked it...
Old 09-29-2008, 02:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Seriously, who races for money? Thats some F&F kind of shyt there
Old 09-29-2008, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

^^ the people that have fast ****, lol.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

The most I've personally raced for is 100 bucks but I put up $400 for a buddy of mine to race. The biggest race I saw was two guys who brought 7 sec cars to the street. The original bet was for $10,000 between the two owners. Then somebody put up a side bet of another $10,000 so now the total bet was 20,000 a side. Side bets kept on coming and about 1/2 hour later after all the bets were up each side was at $52,000 for a total pot of $104,000. One car spun the other hooked and the one that hooked patted the pedal the whole way down the street.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jt76
Seriously, who races for money? Thats some F&F kind of shyt there
+1 I do it for fun, thats the whole reason why I own my car is for fun but that just me.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
+1 I do it for fun, thats the whole reason why I own my car is for fun but that just me.
That's also a reason I don't go to the track. To me, it's just something to do for fun. What time I run doesn't really matter to me.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:56 PM
Village Idiot

If I had a serious bad *** car, I would race for pinks everytime!!!! AND WIN CARS...
Old 09-30-2008, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
If I had a serious bad *** car, I would race for pinks everytime!!!! AND WIN CARS...
What if something breaks and you lose at the line? Then all that $ and hard work is down the drain.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

I heard alot of this beating could be really dangerous. I guess that is part of the thrill?
Old 09-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
What if something breaks and you lose at the line? Then all that $ and hard work is down the drain.
Well then the car was a piece of unreliable crap anyway and that's life... On the other side of the coin, if you win a few races the car pays for it's self and then some.....

However, chances are the car will perform well and on time.....If you are confident in yourself and the ability of your car why not push the envelope.. Life is short play hard...Lose the car, work hard, save money and build a better one... Do you think Michael Jordan ever thought to himself if I miss the game winning shot I will lose the championship?

Don't hold on too tight my friend or life might just pass you bye!!!!

If I am running high 9's or even low 10's in the quarter mile in a street legal ride, the pink is on the table, end of story!!!!

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-30-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

Do you think Michael Jordan ever thought to himself if I miss the game winning shot I will lose the championship?
Not really, but I don't envision myself as a superstar athlete when I'm racing.. just a regular guy trying to have some fun, which is a little more comparable to a pick-up game of ball than the NBA championship. I guess if it wasn't my daily driver I'd care a little less.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Village Idiot

Well now, I didn't say lay the pink slip down if you are just driving a decently fast ride like the one I have.. I wouldn't chance that....

Oh, and people playing pick up games usually want to win just as bad as professional ball players...Competitive juices will flow in most people..

Ballhawk, you have a 2000 WS6 M6 with a 100 shot, now your car is probably a little faster then mine.. Your car is worth a pretty penny more too.. It all depends in reality on the situation... I have a decently fast car worth maybe 10 grand on a good day so losing it wouldn't be the end of the world for me... A newer more expensive car I might cry but would get over it.....

This is a good example when racing for pinks... If I owned this Viper I would lay down the pink on just about every street race with any average Joe with a hotrod..... Chances are I would win his car.....It would be like investing in a good stock.. This Viper looks like an everyday Viper with street tires too but this Vipe would work over just about every street legal ride on this Forum.. See my point?

http://www.spike.com/video/turbo-viper-runs-9/2976402

Last edited by JIBBBY; 09-30-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have raced for dinner a few times!!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Teching In

1500.00....There are several cars here in Atlanta that will race for good money just no one wants to race anymore in the southeast......
Old 10-01-2008, 10:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I have never raced for money!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i raced my friend for a dollar once. that was about it lol
Old 10-02-2008, 04:56 AM
Banned

Well now, I didn't say lay the pink slip down if you are just driving a decently fast ride like the one I have.. I wouldn't chance that....

Oh, and people playing pick up games usually want to win just as bad as professional ball players...Competitive juices will flow in most people..

Ballhawk, you have a 2000 WS6 M6 with a 100 shot, now your car is probably a little faster then mine.. Your car is worth a pretty penny more too.. It all depends in reality on the situation... I have a decently fast car worth maybe 10 grand on a good day so losing it wouldn't be the end of the world for me... A newer more expensive car I might cry but would get over it.....

This is a good example when racing for pinks... If I owned this Viper I would lay down the pink on just about every street race with any average Joe with a hotrod..... Chances are I would win his car.....It would be like investing in a good stock.. This Viper looks like an everyday Viper with street tires too but this Vipe would work over just about every street legal ride on this Forum.. See my point?

http://www.spike.com/video/turbo-viper-runs-9/2976402

If you began racing anything for pinks with that Viper you would loose it in the 2nd race, IF you were lucky enough to win the first. And you would be betting it against cars worth much less than you would be risking in it. I believe that I have a stang that would be able to beat that Viper in the 1/4, and I'm a chump compared to the big boys.

Chris
Old 10-02-2008, 06:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i witnessed a $1,500 race go down between a 4 sec 1/8 mile osca car and a liter bike. that was ugly haha.

most i've personally been involved in was a $50 bet..in which i never saw the money. he just kept on truckin haha.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by 12sMustang
If you began racing anything for pinks with that Viper you would loose it in the 2nd race, IF you were lucky enough to win the first. And you would be betting it against cars worth much less than you would be risking in it. I believe that I have a stang that would be able to beat that Viper in the 1/4, and I'm a chump compared to the big boys.

Chris
Well if your Mustang isn't street legal and track only I wouldn't of raced you... I highly dought your Mustang would take this Viper, unless you are running drag radials on your Stang and have big power.... If you can beat that Viper then you have one super crazy bad *** Stang... I would like to see that...

I was really talking about cruising around in this Viper in the cities, and lining up against street rods..... Not a stacked built rediculous non-street legal Stang on a drag track..... I was talking about Racing for pinks in organised street races, like I have seen on Friday nights in South Cental LA..... Also, I would immediately install some sticky MT radials on the rears of that Viper so I wouldn't over spin at launch. So in effect having MT radials instead of those low profile tires on that viper would make a world of difference also.. ...Don't think I would lose it on the streets...

Lastly, if I could afford to build a crazy Viper like that, I could probably afford to lose it...