Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

quick kill on a mustang shelby gt

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Nice kill on the presumably cocky Stang owner.
Originally Posted by The Manalishi
They're not? Damn it I thought they were.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks guys, from what i looked up looks like they are about a 13.6-8

I havent run my car at the track since i got the tranny beefed up, stalled and tuned. But before I was running 12.9 13 flats everytime with my cutout and lid free mods and KDW's. So I might be about 12.6 now, all I know is I ran a c5 z and he was only a car and a half up ahead of me. So 8-10 is possible but its always tough counting lenghts when your up front am I right.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by ponygt65
See...I can be a nice guy. I give credit will credit is due....good or bad. I just think it's the 'bad' part you dont' like.

you constantly talk down on stangs. Thats where I got it from. Also, there is no GT40 mustang. 03/04 cobra's rip (prior years are slower than Machs), Saleens, well that depends on the year. 99-04 all are 'relatively' slow in stock form with the exception of S281E's. Even the S281sc's are only low 13 sec cars. I think you are more going off of 'name sake' than you are real world. That's not meant negatively BTW.
Dude, Just so you know, I've got two close friends that are total Ford Stang guys, we battle all the time out of fun..... Just having fun with you Ford guys so don't take my crap talk to heart...

Ok, No Ford GT40 you say???? -Pony then what in the hell do you call this car? I could have sworn I just raced one of these no name cars a few months ago in Malibu, California and got worked over quite badly... Still pissed as this car had massive pull and power and got me... A brutal sounding car as well, lit me up like a christmas tree, and from what I could tell it was faster then a GT500 too....... Might even handle a Z06 but not sure...

Unlike you Pony and others I will not put you down for you not knowing this very fast "Ford GT40" existed... Now you know, no biggie..... Seen, a few of these fine fast GT40's driving around my neck of the woods, and like I said got lucky and was given the opportunity to race one at a red light on Pacific Coast Highway.......It shocked me..
Attached Thumbnails quick kill on a mustang shelby gt-gt40-lemans-super.jpg   quick kill on a mustang shelby gt-gt40-quarter.jpg   quick kill on a mustang shelby gt-gt-40sidejpg.jpg  

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-01-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

He said there was no GT-40 Mustang. He is correct. Also the new GT is not a GT-40.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Village Idiot

there is no GT40 mustang.
Manalishi, unfortunately you are wrong too... Again, no biggie now you know... This car is called a "FORD GT40" and google it if you don't believe me...

Gee wiz, jibby is an idiot, moron and should be banned, bla bla bla, cause he doesn't know Carroll Shelby from the first name but yet he does know the GT40 exists and some of you Ford guys don't, WOW!!!!! What to say????Speechless....

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-01-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Manalishi, unfortunately you are wrong too... Again, no biggie now you know... This car is called a FORD GT40 and google it if you don't believe me...

Gee wiz, jibby doesn't know Carroll Shelby from the first name but he does know the GT40 exists and some of you Ford guys don't, wow!!!!! Speechless....
The GT40 is not a Mustang. The GT-40 was produced from 64-67 although it kept racing very successfully until 69. The GT started production in 2003/04 (3 prototypes in 03). The GT and the GT40 are not the same cars and they are not Mustangs. The GT40 got its name because it was a GT car that was 40 inches tall. The new GT is bigger in every dimension but it looks like a GT40. Please note that they are NOT Mustangs. Now you know.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Village Idiot

When did I ever say it was a frigg'n Mustang?

Dude, sorry to say but you are more lost then me...May I suggest you take another hit of that cronic, focus and log back in... Reset, restart, reboot....

I simply said it was a Ford GT40 that is all.... I never said it was a GT40 Mustang...
Old 10-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

yeah guys, don't you know that the Ford GT is ACTUALLY a mustang!?

It would be a hell of lot cheaper if it was.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What he said.

Also, there is no GT40 mustang.
Your response to him. Makes it seem like you are disagreeing with the statement he made.

Ok, No Ford GT40 you say???? -Pony then what in the hell do you call this car?
I tried to clarify what he said.

He said there was no GT-40 Mustang. He is correct.
Your response after I clarified you tell me I'm wrong.

Manalishi, unfortunately you are wrong too...
Old 10-01-2008, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

What he said.

Your response to him. Makes it seem like you are disagreeing with the statement he made.

I tried to clarify what he said.

Your response after I clarified you tell me I'm wrong.
Ontop of all of that, we are discussing mustangs, not supercars (the Ford GT). Why list the GT(40) in a list of stangs in a thread about stangs?

And Jibby - Man. is correct and you are wrong. The 'new' Ford GT is NOT a GT40. It is commonly refered to as that, because it was modeled after the GT40. Let me put it into lame-man terms......READ the side of the door/fender of the 'new gt'..what does it say? (FORD GT). Jay advised you to sit back relax and learn. Instead you are talking crap to those that have more knowledge in their sphincter, than you do in your entire brain.

Smell ya later.

Last edited by ponygt65; 10-01-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Jibby the car you raced was a ford GT, like the one in the pics you showed, technically it is a gt 40 but its production name is ford gt. The gt 40 is a famouse ford car from the late 60's, it was a lemans monster. The Ford Gt you can say is the next generation, but its more like ford wanted to remake the gt40 in 2003 today. But its production name is Ford GT. That is why it pops up when you google GT40, but it is a Ford Gt. Beautiful car, it can walk a z06 and can hand a gt500 its *** because its more than a full second faster in the quarter (bus lenghts).

The car you raced is a Ford Gt, the GT40 was a 60's car. They are almost identical because the GT is a remake of the GT40 but it is a Ford GT.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:50 PM
Village Idiot

You guys are too much..It's like arguing with a bunch of 1st graders....Like I said - Google "Ford GT40" and see what comes up.. Still think there is no GT40 Pony? Jay should have said something about all your derogatory posts... I think he forgot or was being nice.........

Relax on Jay, I respect the man and what he says and I will - Learn, Listen (to your crap) and post... Just like everyone else does on these forums.. I will do my best to be correct with my comments as well...
Old 10-01-2008, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

You guys are too much...Google Ford GT40 and see what comes up... Still think there is no GT40? Jay should have said something about all your derogatory posts... I think he forgot or was being nice.........

Relax on Jay, I respect the man and what he says and I do and will - Learn, Listen (to your crap) and post... Just like everyone else does on these forums.. I will do my best to be correct with my comments as well...
dude, they look identical, but if you really raced a gt40 from the 60's than you just raced like a million dollar car and that was badass. But seeing as the numbers are so low and the majority of them are in a museum and not really street raced then it was most likely a ford GT, you can google GT40 all you want and the Ford GT will keep poping up becase its a remake. But chanses are you raced a ford gt

which is this car

http://www.sportscarcup.com/cars/ford-gt.jpg

the gt40 is this car

http://www.racingarchives.org/images...hotos/gt40.jpg

they are almost identical but they are different in slight ways. And the chances of catching a gt40 on the street and then having the moron driver race that legend is millions to one
Old 10-01-2008, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

You guys are too much..It's like arguing with a bunch of 1st graders....Like I said - Google "Ford GT40" and see what comes up.. Still think there is no GT40 Pony? Jay should have said something about all your derogatory posts... I think he forgot or was being nice.........

Relax on Jay, I respect the man and what he says and I will - Learn, Listen (to your crap) and post... Just like everyone else does on these forums.. I will do my best to be correct with my comments as well...
Wow, what are you like 10? THERE IS NO GT40 MUSTANG. THAT is what I said. You now have THREE people telling you what the Gt40 is and what the FGT is, and we are still wrong? You have a serious mental issues man. I can google backyard humping, but that doesn't make it correct now does it?

I have been around for a VERY long time. I have had one mod say something to me. You smiply don't like the fact that I am telling you directly that you are WRONG. It's obvious that you are one of those 'right fighters' that will argue no matter what because you are always right.

derogatory? I've called you a moron and idiot. Because your posts are showing that. Ignorance is a trait everyone has. You are showing yours in regards to domestic performance. Instead of learning and trying to take something from it, you are simply arguing with everyone.

Oh, and Jay also knows what I say is factual. not BS.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ICEMAN 31
dude, they look identical, but if you really raced a gt40 from the 60's than you just raced like a million dollar car and that was badass. But seeing as the numbers are so low and the majority of them are in a museum and not really street raced then it was most likely a ford GT, you can google GT40 all you want and the Ford GT will keep poping up becase its a remake. But chanses are you raced a ford gt

which is this car

http://www.sportscarcup.com/cars/ford-gt.jpg

the gt40 is this car

http://www.racingarchives.org/images...hotos/gt40.jpg

they are almost identical but they are different in slight ways. And the chances of catching a gt40 on the street and then having the moron driver race that legend is millions to one
psst - did you also know that some of the GT40's had a modified hip 289 in it?
Old 10-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Village Idiot

What was said by Pony is "there are no GT40's" in English as I even quoted it.......Yes, Pony they do exist with the older versions, however, some call the newer version a Ford GT40 as well as the GT because they are so simular looking.. At this point I don't care to be right or wrong just want to state the fact, you can be right for all I care...No biggie to me...

The history of this car...

http://noolmusic.com/dailymotion_vid...rrari_news.php this link should end this conversation...Pony you are wrong there is such a car called the FORD GT40 as shown in the video... It does exist and that is all I am trying to point out..

Pony, being innacurate in a post does not make someone an idoit and a moron. It makes them unaware... The forum is a learning tool right? Not a shoot down tool... Oh, and stop kissing Jay's *** to pick up brownie points.. You look like a total kiss ***...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-01-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

What was said by Pony is there are no GT40's...Well there are, older versions, and some call the newer version a GT40 as well as the GT because they are so simular looking..

The history of this car...

http://noo/music.com/dailymotion_vid...rrari_news.php
OMFG...you see. this is why I call you an idiot. Manalishi quoted what I said. I NEVER SAID there are no GT40s. I said there are no GT40 MUSTANGS. Where did I say that?

Dang kid, learn how to read.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

here is a good link that will help on the history of the car, at the bottom when you get to FORD GT it will explain what I was saying

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GT40
Old 10-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Village Idiot

Pony, I've come to the conclusion after trying hard to work things out with you, that you are simply a total dick, straight up... You use the words idiot and moron so much in your posts you probably have worn those keys out on your keyboard... Yet, I haven't called you one name until now...Here's to acting like little children..

Ponygt65

I'm back on the 50 rambo style...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-01-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Teching In

yep all mustangs are slow lol...........