Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

GTR R35 vs C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Village Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out this skyline video, straight outta Japan.. These cars really are no joke, if you have the ponies to pull on a Skyline then you are sitting on a rocket of a car.. I must bow down.....They simply can move...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utaaPbiyi2w

There you go, oh and maybe someone can translate for us... I guess they do look like kinda fun rides... Still the Zo6 is the call!!!

Last edited by JIBBBY; 10-01-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:10 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by JIBBBY
Check out this skyline video, straight outta Japan.. These cars really are no joke, if you have the ponies to pull on a Skyline then you are sitting on a rocket of a car.. I must bow down.....They simply can move...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utaaPbiyi2w

There you go, oh and maybe someone can translate for us... I guess they do look like kinda fun rides... Still the Zo6 is the call!!!
Those are the original Skylines from Japan. Awesome cars but theose are heavily modded too. The GTR is the updated version and in stock form even better (to me) but heavily modded, only time will tell. Nice find.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:03 PM

Yeah, those were not close to stock in the vid. Shows the potential those cars have, but you don't need to be crazy fast to beat a stockish one.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Staging Lane

Doing that in the wet conditions was crazy.

On the Mustang forums, a report out of Orlando, FL has a GT-R running 3-4psi higher than stock boost trapping 119mph. Not good.

Supposedly some stockers are in the 120-122 range.

Neat car despite it's shortcomings. Confident handler.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RUTH'LESSDET
if he ....
after these two words, all you said was "blah blah blah blah blah"

What's up with that? Did I misunderstand you?
Old 10-02-2008, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 12sMustang
after these two words, all you said was "blah blah blah blah blah"

What's up with that? Did I misunderstand you?
When people can't accept the facts and statistics, they bench race.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Staging Lane

Nice kill. If the roads were dry and you went w.o.t. in all gears, you would have pulled alot more than 1 car (probably 5-6 easy).

From what I have read (on many different sites), these GTRs trap around 118mph. Compared to a ZO6, which trap around 125mph (both of these mph are about average) the GTR would get pulled hard everytime from a roll.

Did any of you guys read the autoblog about Porsche getting their hands on a STOCK GTR and running it around the "ring". Their times were about 30 seconds slower than what Nissan was posting. Goes back to the fact that Nissan seems to be using "ringer" cars on instrument testing and lap times (R compound tires, higher boost, suspension tuning, etc.). Who knows what to believe.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:44 AM
TECH Addict

Your absolutely correct... but it was 25 secs.!! (remember the telephone game in elementary school?!)

Furthermore, if anyone remembers, there was an initial interview with one of the main guys of the GTR R35 program and he stated that the car would typically run in the 7:50's in production trim, without grooved slicks.

Porsche's test puts in at 7:52, right? Sooooo, besides everything else that being shown over this car, those cars were in fact ringers, especially the one's being tested by the mag's.

AngryJ: Unfortunate isn't it? .... That someone has to lie inorder to try to save face over the car they prefer? No matters... for sure a stock GTR isn't faster than my Z06.

Deuuuce: Correct! Since he didn't have a passenger either, I would of pulled on him way harder if the conditions were right. But, those are shoulda/coulda/woulda things and in the end, I won. Cool guy though, even he stated that my car should be faster above 60-70mph off the hole... that is why he kept taking the hit!

Also, they average around 119mph. However, i know of a z06 owner on corvette forum that bought one and his is one of those built on wednesday! It traps "stock" 121mph and goes 11.5-11.6. Again, very respectful times and you must be on your A-game to be ahead. However, without launch control, its still a 12.0-12.1 car. further, in a roll race, it looses its advantage of the launch control, but that dsg trans has it ALWAYS in the sweet spot.

Overall, a very well engineered car to go fast no matter who is behind the wheel. When mod'd, this car will shock alot of people... but not so much.

I was looking at this video last night of a stock Z06 versus a cam'd z06 on youtube... if you thought a stock z06 was fast, check out that video... it will blow your mind!!

Search for zeez06

LaterZ!
Old 10-05-2008, 05:44 AM
On The Tree

guys ... are you talking about GTR35 ?
ok ... got it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRjk57xRSic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8REP39VSwTM

oh yaah
one more thing .... WITHOUT SPRAYING
Old 10-05-2008, 07:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

GTR is a hard kill from a stop because of launch control and being able to cut 1.7-1.8 60ft's. Z06's should have NO problems from a roll tho.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by BlackTTC6
GTR is a hard kill from a stop because of launch control and being able to cut 1.7-1.8 60ft's. Z06's should have NO problems from a roll tho.
Not only launch control but AWD too... They grip and haul, infact I have seen one where the front end was almost lifting off the ground when excellerating at about 50mph when shifting gears.. You could just tell they pull really hard...

I've seen a few cruising around LA, California, and I must be honest they are not the best looking sportcars in the world...I would definetly prefer a Z06 all day long..
Old 10-05-2008, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackTTC6
from a stop ???
mmm...
fine ...
check this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T1uUzYuiRs

not a big deal ...
drag radial tires , low tire pressure "18psi" , good burn out , tough rear end
then ... who dare to jump
forget about the GTR35
always remember ...
for quick and easy burn out
an line lock will be great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwdGUYoTqL0
Old 10-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by alharbi
from a stop ???
mmm...
fine ...
check this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T1uUzYuiRs

not a big deal ...
drag radial tires , low tire pressure "18psi" , good burn out , tough rear end
then ... who dare to jump
forget about the GTR35
always remember ...
for quick and easy burn out
an line lock will be great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwdGUYoTqL0
Looks like the GTR driver may be lacking skills..... ALi Your car called pulled away big time from the dig so one has to wonder... Hmmmm? Granted ALi your T/A is fast and powerful as hell, but pulling away from a GTR like that from a dig I just don't know? Your car is sick with traction too if that is the case.....Z06's struggle against those GTR's out of the blocks.....
Old 10-05-2008, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Alharbi you have a nice TA and you should let me drive it
Old 10-05-2008, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Looks like the GTR driver may be lacking skills...

He'd have to be lacking feet to screw up a launch in those cars......
Old 10-05-2008, 03:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by obZidian
Your absolutely correct... but it was 25 secs.!! (remember the telephone game in elementary school?!)
Yup. Just like the 'telephone game' played by all of the Poopra worshipping ricetards (NOT what the bonafide, real tuners are actually doing) making physically impossible claims for their 'God's (Shinto?)engine/trans/rear' in their MKIV TT wundercar.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Village Idiot

Originally Posted by k-mart
It's still a clutch and shift car and you know how that can go with some retards... They can either fry the clutch and go nowhere fast, or jerk the clutch prematurely in gear which restricts lowend power... Like full clutch engagement at 1500rmps which creates a bit of a bog effect.... It happens, you'd be suprised.....
Old 10-05-2008, 09:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

No Jibby, you do in fact have to be worse than functionally retarded to mess up a launch with Tapshift style paddles. Trust me, I have them. The only way to screw it up is to hit the paddles too early or too late and drop out of your powerband.

Brake, revv, release brake, tap paddle as needed.

For that matter the GT-R bills itself has have an idiot proof transmission. They claim they'll give you a perfect launch every time if you're in the R / Performance mode. At that point all the driver has to do is point the car down the road and floor the pedal, Nissan claims the onboard computer will manage the launch, the throttle, and all those details.

Edit:
It's still a clutch and shift car and you know how that can go with some retards... They can either fry the clutch and go nowhere fast, or jerk the clutch prematurely in gear which restricts lowend power
To avoid any kind of long and pointless argument about jerking the GT-R's clutch I have included a nice picture of the GT-R's driver's side. Please point to the clutch pedal which I can use to fry the clutch.

Also a good read

End Edit.

Al Harbi
That is an amazing setup you have there. You should post some high res photos of the car and your engine bay!

Last edited by 05CherryGXP; 10-05-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:22 PM
10 Second Club

Looks like the GTR driver may be lacking skills..... ALi Your car called pulled away big time from the dig so one has to wonder... Hmmmm? Granted ALi your T/A is fast and powerful as hell, but pulling away from a GTR like that from a dig I just don't know? Your car is sick with traction too if that is the case.....Z06's struggle against those GTR's out of the blocks.....
Dude you keep defending these cars as if god touched them himself. Everyone knows that the only engine god touched himself was the LSX motors. I would smoke one from a dig or a roll at what ever speed they would like.. Are they bad *** cars? YES! Is the C6 Z06 a badder car? Yes!
Old 10-05-2008, 11:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by k-mart
Or be a quadriplegic...

Quick Reply: GTR R35 vs C6 Z06