Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
no you gotta talk about what most people have and compare it to that
I completely disagree.

a mid 12 sec. street car is fast
See above.

most cars on the street dont do that, also it depends on what class car it is, for the pony car class it should be at least doing low 13s to be called fast.
Don't you find it a little hypocritical that you're calling your friend
a dumbass (basically) for thinking he can beat you in his slow car
while yours isn't much faster. When comparing your car to performance
cars, it's slow. That's just the way it is. You said yourself above that
low 13's are fast. **Newsflash** low 13's are nowhere near fast.

8 sec. is fast to you in a street car
Yes it is. Ten second street cars are slow to me. It's all relative.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
I completely disagree.

See above.

Don't you find it a little hypocritical that you're calling your friend
a dumbass (basically) for thinking he can beat you in his slow car
while yours isn't much faster. When comparing your car to performance
cars, it's slow. That's just the way it is. You said yourself above that
low 13's are fast. **Newsflash** low 13's are nowhere near fast.

Yes it is. Ten second street cars are slow to me. It's all relative.

Well you can put it that way, you say dumb ***, I say ignorant. My car is at least a full second faster than his car in the quarter I'd say thats a pretty big difference. He's never even driven nor does he know anything about my f-bodies let alone lsx. Hell I probably know more than him about mustangs. I said mid 12s is fast. And like I said earlier with my weight lifting analogy, if you can bench 350 pound you still strong even if theres guys that rep with 650LBs.

If I fly a jet, by your logic, then no cars could ever possibly be fast or take G's.

Last edited by carbonfiberbird; 10-07-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Being slow and FEELING slow are two different things. To you a 10 sec. car may feel slow(Mr. Badass) but its still fast
Old 10-07-2008, 06:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

"most cars on the street dont do that, also it depends on what class car it is, for the pony car class it should be at least doing low 13s to be called fast."-me

in this quote I was referring to stock cars.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Being slow and FEELING slow are two different things. To you a 10 sec. car may feel slow(Mr. Badass) but its still fast
"Mr. Badass"...I like that.

Yes, 10 seconds cars are slow to me. That must be hard for you to grasp.
In my eyes, you are very similar to your friend with the Mustang who
thinks he's fast. I, on the other hand, know that my car is slow.
I find that extremely ironic.

Get my point?
Old 10-07-2008, 09:56 PM
TECH Addict

Get my point?
Well, while I mostly agree with you, 10 sec street cars cars are not slow. Not fast, but they aren't slow.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You guys are bickering about semantics like little school girls. All your cars are slow. Mine too. No real performance guy is going to be happy until his car accelerates to the point of turning your brain into mush. So shut up about it already
Old 10-07-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
No real performance guy is going to be happy until his car accelerates to the point of turning your brain into mush.
LOL. Amen to that!
Old 10-07-2008, 11:07 PM
10 Second Club

Anything faster than a 10 sec car is close to not being a STREET CAR in the first place.
Get over yourself; yes we all know you have the fastest car ever blah blah blah.
Back to the OP my buddy bought GT/CS and is sure it is faster than a normal GT.lol
I had a kid in a CS try to race me one day and before we started he told me the CS came with a supercharger. I was cracking up in his face told him he was wrong and put a couple buses on him. He was sooooooo clueless.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Get my point?
I understand all that but I was saying..... ah **** it I'm done! This is going no where but it helped me pass my boring day at work by!

Good kill damn dude I never knew those grocery getters were that FAST
Old 10-08-2008, 01:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

You guys are bickering about semantics like little school girls. All your cars are slow. Mine too. No real performance guy is going to be happy until his car accelerates to the point of turning your brain into mush. So shut up about it already
I agree with that too.
Originally Posted by ABQ99TA
Anything faster than a 10 sec car is close to not being a STREET CAR in the first place.
Get over yourself; yes we all know you have the fastest car ever blah blah blah.
Back to the OP my buddy bought GT/CS and is sure it is faster than a normal GT.lol
I had a kid in a CS try to race me one day and before we started he told me the CS came with a supercharger. I was cracking up in his face told him he was wrong and put a couple buses on him. He was sooooooo clueless.
Um yeah...he's way off. BUT, I've spoken with some CS owners and some actually believe that. It's funny as hell.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Teching In

My favorite was a guy at a car meet who told me the "CS" in his GT/CS stood for Carroll Shelby.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ABQ99TA
I sort of agree with this, but it all depends on your definition of what a street car is. Anyone can get an inspection sticker from a buddy, so that doesn't mean dick. To me a street car is a daily driver or a weekend car with a full interior, or close to it. Once you start gutting the interior, removing the AC, running slicks, and only bringing the car out to race, it's not really a street car anymore... just my opinion.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Launching!

Have a guy i work with that has a CS/GT and it's funny cause i have tried to bring up the race convo a few times and he won't give me the time of day like i dont even have a chance. Good looking car though.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MyStangIsSlow
My favorite was a guy at a car meet who told me the "CS" in his GT/CS stood for Carroll Shelby.
now that's funny.
Originally Posted by Chadlee2KZ
Have a guy i work with that has a CS/GT and it's funny cause i have tried to bring up the race convo a few times and he won't give me the time of day like i dont even have a chance. Good looking car though.
You'd rip him a new one. assuming he's lightly bolt on at best.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get my point?
Now I feel like an ***. Mid 12's to me on the street is fast as hell. So I guess what they have been saying is true. Being fast is relative to each individual, what is fast to some is slow to others and vice versa. I think that anything that can hit about 100 mph in a quarter isn't doing that bad.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Swift_01_z-28
Now I feel like an ***. Mid 12's to me on the street is fast as hell. So I guess what they have been saying is true. Being fast is relative to each individual, what is fast to some is slow to others and vice versa. I think that anything that can hit about 100 mph in a quarter isn't doing that bad.
That's Unit's point. ONce you have driven a certain ET/TS car everything else 'slower' isn't 'quick/fast', because you've been quicker/faster. That's not to say mid 12s isnt' quick from a different perspective though. IMO, Mid 12s is very respectable and will still beat most street cars out there that you run into. Hell, a lightly bolt on new edge GT will take on a fair amount and we all know about those. My mach was a 425+rwhp car and I still think a mid 12 car is quick and respectable.

It's in the eye of the beholder. Unit's opinion (and it is an opinion which he hasn't denied) is that a single digit street car is what it takes to be quick. Some agree, some don't. Kind of like some like stangs/4th gens, some don't.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
I sort of agree with this, but it all depends on your definition of what a street car is. Anyone can get an inspection sticker from a buddy, so that doesn't mean dick. To me a street car is a daily driver or a weekend car with a full interior, or close to it. Once you start gutting the interior, removing the AC, running slicks, and only bringing the car out to race, it's not really a street car anymore... just my opinion.
I agree with this as well. My Cobra is my go fast car but it is still 100% DD capable. full interior, AC, ET streets, etc.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BlkBird2000
Ford is smart. People who buy ford mustangs like the GT/CS are just morons. They make that extra buck off retards who spend extra money on something like a "poney package" instead of going for the GT.... wow
Well, I think they have poor choices in cars, but are not morons, people could call you a moron...for not haveing a job good enough to get a better car than a 10,000 dollar ls1 outdated chassis car...I LOVE f-bodies, but you cant call these people morons, mainstream media forcing their decisions? yeah, but maybe if you werent such a moron you could afford to pay the money for that car which is a tad slower than an f-body, WAY nicer inside (my old man has a 2008 gt/cs 2000 miles) and it is a way better car than a 98-02 f-body, point blank, period. you can talk about oh ls1 this, ls1 that, 4.6 modular sucks, whatever, but what new cars are out there that are:
RWD
American
Seat 4 or 5
Manual
v8
2 door (even 4 door?)

G8's you cant feel the power
G8's you cant get manual
GTO's aren't new anymore
GTO's dont have the looks the mustang does
Chargers are bigger pigs and slower.

I have had a 2000 formy AND loved it, and I dont think that a middleaged guy with a good job (most stang gt owners) would want to but someone elses junk, they want to but new, because they can, and because they arent missing much with the ls1, I know I would take the GT/CS over the f-body, what does that f-body have over the stang? that isnt based off of opinion? I'll tell you.

RWHP (not a big difference) and a 6 speed
um....maybe the red lights on the interior of my formy? LOL and even that you can change the interior lights of the gt/cs, dont hate on my opinion, just you need to appreciate a good NEW car and be grateful that there is still a new rwd v8 american pony car, by making this post i understand that the '10 camaro is out and the challenger. I think the stang is better than the challenger but not the camaro, thats my opinion, AND JUST THAT.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:34 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote of the year right there fellas.
Originally Posted by ballhawkdawk
Thats pretty much my opinion, too. A race built weekend warrior IS a street car but if I lose to one of those I don't sweat it: it's not a normal sports car or "pony car". Just dont use the Daily Driver monicker on your 750rwhp 10 or 9 second drag car just because it can dial down to running pump gas and not overheat at every red light. A DD is a car you jump into a 5am on a 35deg F day when its pouring down rain and you fire it up and drive it to work without a second thought about 'which' vehicle you should take in those conditions.

Originally Posted by soxin2008
...you can talk about oh ls1 this, ls1 that, 4.6 modular sucks, whatever, but what new cars are out there that are:
RWD
American
Seat 4 or 5
Manual
v8
2 door (even 4 door?)

G8's you cant feel the power
G8's you cant get manual

GTO's aren't new anymore
GTO's dont have the looks the mustang does
Chargers are bigger pigs and slower.

...by making this post i understand that the '10 camaro is out and the challenger. I think the stang is better than the challenger but not the camaro, thats my opinion, AND JUST THAT.
You forgot one: a G8 GXP is a manual with the LS3. It sounds badass unlike the too quite 2010 SS that I raced a week before the G8 GXP I raced. The GXP was brand new with temp paper tabs and I believe a salesman in the passenger seat- I hope I didnt lose him a sale when I edged the GXP out with my GTO. lol The GXP also seemed to pull harder than the '10 camaro? (both were freeway roll runs: could have been driver error).