Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

spring hitting upper phb after lca relocation brackets...what?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

and i'll post some pics of the rear wheels, they sit really far back.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
thanks for all the help man. the angle of the picture does make it look pretty far forward, which i guess would cause it to push the axle back. would it be super obvious if there was something wrong with the torque arm bushing/mount?
Yeah, it should be obivious with a clear view and plenty of light if the frt.T.A. bushing,or mount is loose, broken, or wornout; just give it a good shake to make sure.

I really think it's your LCA relocation mounts.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:58 AM
TECH Addict

as in an installation error or just poorly made?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Lightbulb

I really doubt you installed them wrong.

Looks like a design error to me.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9xxxx8

I really think it's your LCA relocation mounts.
To fix a problem you need to troubleshoot. Thinking might be the first step in troubleshooting.

Get it through your head. Take the ******* brackets off and reinstall the lca's in the stock brackets.
And while you're at it get your lazy *** to remove TWO MORE BOLTS, this way you have BOTH lca's in your hand and you can LOOK at the bushings instead of GUESSING their condition.

Getting your hands dirty is the second step to trouble shooting a problem. Typing on the computer and trading pics will get you nowhere.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

"Typing on the computer and trading pics will get you nowhere."

Damn! You must be trying to get nowhere, fast!
Old 11-12-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
Get it through your head. Take the ******* brackets off and reinstall the lca's in the stock brackets.
And while you're at it get your lazy *** to remove TWO MORE BOLTS, this way you have BOTH lca's in your hand and you can LOOK at the bushings instead of GUESSING their condition.

Getting your hands dirty is the second step to trouble shooting a problem. Typing on the computer and trading pics will get you nowhere.
WOW

I drove my car ONCE with the tape on there because I had to get home. They were installed back into the middle hole the next day. This is clearly stated on the first page. Also, at no point in this thread have I guessed the condition of my lca bushings. This is my 4th time swapping them in. I'm well aware of their condition. What I said was that I did not check the TA mount and bushing. Perhaps you would have noticed this if you had read the thread more carefully and weren't quite so eager to go curse out someone who is curious as to why his parts are not performing correctly.

I was simply asking 99bluz28's opinion on the matter. He has been very helpful, friendly and patient with me thus far and I was just curious as to what his opinion was.

please do not post in this thread again.

Last edited by therealcreeper; 11-12-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Addict

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...cs-please.html

Perhaps it was an installation error. Beings that I'm not a lazy *** I'm going to try to reinstall the brackets and see if that helps. See how far typing has gotten me?
Old 11-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Banned

See how far typing has gotten me?
Yea three days to do a 60 minute job
Old 11-12-2008, 10:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
"Typing on the computer and trading pics will get you nowhere."

Damn! You must be trying to get nowhere, fast!
I don't type to solve a problem, maybe I typed a lot here, but do I have a problem with my car? no.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lightbulb

I don't type to solve a problem, maybe I typed a lot here, but do I have a problem with my car? no.
Well, it's obvious you ()don't type to solve problems.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

Yea three days to do a 60 minute job
That would be a good comeback if it made sense. I ran into a problem and posted here for help. Sorry if I'm mistaken, but I was under the impression that that's what this forum is intended for.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:51 PM
Banned

What I said was that I did not check the TA mount and bushing. Perhaps you would have noticed this if you had read the thread more carefully and weren't quite so eager to go curse out someone who is curious as to why his parts are not performing correctly..
What I said was remove the relocation brackets. Install the lca's in the stock mount. If it solves the problem then it's a bracket design/installation problem. If not it's another problem.
Just seems easier to do it that way to me.

Another way to say it. You made one change to your car and it caused a problem. Undo that change, if the problem goes away then it's the change you made. Can't get any easier than that.

I think I also said to move the lca's to the stock mount hole, you should be able to move the lca's into all three holes without moving the housing. To move it to the third hole (stock location, remove that bolt)

Seems to me you guys are just guessing, you're on day four and have no clue what the problem is yet. Mainly because you won't listen.

Even a manufacturer recommends what I said AFTER I said it.
Originally Posted by BMR Sales
The best thing to do is what 9000th01ss recommended. Take the upper bolt out of the arm and put you lca back in the stock position. You will know right away if that fixes your problem or not.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

ok, i guess can understand your frustration a bit more now.

i knew that the problem was being caused by the brackets all along. what i was asking(may have been unclear) was why i had problems in the bottom hole and not the middle or stock hole. basically whether they were installed wrong, made wrong, or if it was common with brackets and required a phb or lca's to fix.

it's rained every day since i put them back to the middle hole so i haven't gotten a chance to reinstall the brackets yet. I was hoping someone else would share their input with whether they had a similar problem and were able to fix it or if these brackets are just made incorrectly while i was waiting for a day to try reinstalling them.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

The middle hole tends to be a good place for the LCA's to be located to anyway, why do you think you need be set in the lower hole?
Old 11-13-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

well i want my car to be decent for straight line and turning so i figured the middle hole would be a good compromise since the lca's sat almost completely level, but then there was some smack talk going around about somone's car being faster than mine in the 1/4 so i wanted to try the lower hole for max straight line traction.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tpunk
The middle hole tends to be a good place for the LCA's to be located to anyway, why do you think you need be set in the lower hole?

Which hole that is used on the control arm relocation brackets is also determined by the ride height of the car. A car that has an extremely low ride height might need to use the lowest hole in the relocation bracket even if his main objective is handling.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BMR Tech
Which hole that is used on the control arm relocation brackets is also determined by the ride height of the car. A car that has an extremely low ride height might need to use the lowest hole in the relocation bracket even if his main objective is handling.

True, but his sig said he has the SLP eibachs which don't tend to be terribly low. I would think the middle setting would be a good place for it. I've been wrong before though
Old 11-22-2008, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

i have the slp eibachs but i also did the heater hose which puts me close to pro kit height