Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Retrofit traction control ..anyone done it?

Old 11-18-2008, 04:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Retrofit traction control ..anyone done it?

My car needs traction control. the only option it didn't have when bought it off the lot. At the time no big deal now its a big deal.

I was going to change out rear end shortly anyway so why can't it be done. woulld I need a different harness from traction control car or just a button,some wheel sensors..it must be doable..
Old 11-18-2008, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assume you would need a new harness...as there is a module under the dash for TC. 4 channel rear, all the hardware, and flash the ecu...not sure if there is anything else.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It can be done at a big expense. Brake lines, controller, I think there is another harenss that controls that, the throttle pedal stuff. I would see if you can find a wrecked on in a junk yard and take what you don't have
Old 11-19-2008, 09:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If it was factory-delete, I don't know why you think
you need traction control (this traction control
anyway). It's not that good. Like a twin turbo 408
is going to listen.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well just thought it could be handy.I have it on the 96z and its handy sometimes in rain. Just that my 408 TT is so damn brutal and can blow the tires off in the first three gears so easily even my nitto drag radials although wasn't heating them up just normal driving.
And yeah I expected the 408 TT to be a bit traction challenged just not this much. Not even going wot pretty much just feed it some gas,it spools up and the tires are spin city.

I might have to try driving around on et street radials but I like the nittos much longer tread life could get maybe three seasons out of them. The et likely be buying them yearly.

Traction control does sound expensive but there is a wrecked car here think with it so could get the stuff pretty cheap. Just need a full list and instructions on what would have to be done. I am changing out rear end shortly anyway so could get 4 channel one at same time. But if its totally rediculous to do then likely won't bother. The vettes have great traction control systems had ride in 590rwhp 447 cube vette and it spoiled me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Retrofit traction control ..anyone done it?