Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

opinons on these rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 09:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
i think i decided on the ate simply for the coating. i dont want any rusty **** on my car.
Put some imput on future threads to know about your experience. But I'm sure you won't have of any problems.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
Why not go for these instead?

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1598

They're pretty popular.
those end up looking like
Old 12-08-2008, 10:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob, is that hole chipping?
Old 12-09-2008, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
Bob, is that hole chipping?
yep
Old 12-09-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
those end up looking like
Do you have any other picts ???
Old 12-12-2008, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always buy from Sam! Great guy... he even calls to confirm your order!

Im currently running Brembos w/ hawks (Perfect for 85% of the cars out there) Ive even auto crossed on them! Awsome combo for the money.

But, im looking for some cryotreated rotors to help with warping on the turbo camaro... no luck yet. The brembos have been great, but ive noticed they warp a little when highly abused at HIGH speed (+140) but im hoping the cryotreated makes it even stronger. Well see.

I think BSI Brakes went out of business? Their phone number is no longer in service, i emailed them... and no reponse.

Last edited by xxrillixx; 12-12-2008 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

It's not uncommon for rotors to shake at very high temperatures. It's not a warp, in that it doesn't actually warp the rotor. Given your statement, when they cool or aren't being pounded on from 140+ they don't shake, right?

The rotor only has so much mass to absorb the heat generated. When the level of heat is generated faster than the rotor can shed it you can get this happening. The answer is either rotors with more heat sink area (read, bigger) and/or brake ducts to more effectively cool the rotor.

Cryotreating rotors is a big bone of contention... Some sweat by it, some found no difference. Considering the amount of heat being put into the rotor and the fact it's not actually warping but flexing due to temperature that can't be expelled, I don't thik that cryotreating will help. It might, and if you want to try I can help....

I have PowerSlot Cryotreated slotted rotors. but I only carry the cryo's for the front since that's the end that takes the pounding. They are $290 for the pair:
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=17&ModelID=7
Now, you'll notice when you ready the description it says "warp resistant", not warp proof.... Even they won't claim the shake can't happen (because it's pretty common).

The only real way to get rid of this is with serious brakes like a set of Stoptech's like these: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=17&ModelID=7
You'll notice they are not only 13" diameter, but also 1.26" thick, and use a patented vane design (they call Aerorotors) that maximizes air flow though the rotor to keep it cooler.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion