Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

ADJ suspension pieces

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default ADJ suspension pieces

This is the first time i am really getting into suspension stuff, i am used to just getting non-adj stuff but i am starting to get into this alot more lately since i graduated college. And i am looking into adj suspension pieces for my new project, 99 z28.. While i am waiting for the motor to get done and the tranny i am starting on the suspension. Now i know with the adj control arms and panhard bar and so on and so forth you can get in dialed in alot better, but how would i know what needs to be adj and so forth? If someone could explain exactly what i look for and how to dial it in that would be great... Or should i just stick to non-adjs
Old 11-30-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Also how does the lca relocation brackets help?
Old 11-30-2008, 07:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adjustablilty on the LCA & PHB will help you recenter the rear end due to a drop or whatever reason it isnt center, The relo brackets will help the car with traction hop.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

What do you want to get out of the car? Handling, traction, street driving???
Make sure to read:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...eal-world.html
Old 12-01-2008, 02:59 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SCott5
This is the first time i am really getting into suspension stuff, i am used to just getting non-adj stuff but i am starting to get into this alot more lately since i graduated college. And i am looking into adj suspension pieces for my new project, 99 z28.. While i am waiting for the motor to get done and the tranny i am starting on the suspension. Now i know with the adj control arms and panhard bar and so on and so forth you can get in dialed in alot better, but how would i know what needs to be adj and so forth? If someone could explain exactly what i look for and how to dial it in that would be great... Or should i just stick to non-adjs
Hello, if you go to an aftermarket rearend or trying to fit a tall tire into the wheelwell then i would use adjustable lca's. If not the non adjustable would work just fine. If you lower the car then you will need an adjustable panhard bar to recenter the body over the tires. It is easier for me to explain things over the phone rather than typing a book. If you would like to give me a call and i can explain why you would need certain parts and not others. Im in the office until 5:30 pm est mon-fri.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: ADJ suspension pieces