Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Thinking about putting some money into suspension -- a little clueless.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Fraxum
Sam, JD_AMGs description of the Konis seems a little too good to be true. Will there be that much of a difference?
It seems to be the average review of the konis.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-all-hype.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...am-strano.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ni-sa-wow.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...-my-konis.html
I have a '97 TA WS6 6M that I love I but get really tired of driving it mainly due to the loud exhaust and crashing suspension.
One of the things I wanted to fix was the crashing suspension (along with the disconnected feel, twitchy/sloppiness when pushing the car, and the snap oversteer)
All of the above were done away with, and I will never own another fbody without at least konis.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"I will never own another fbody without at least konis"

Ditto that, the shocks really are THAT good! I had stock 12K decarbons with Eibach Pro springs, then revalved Bilsteins with Eibach Pros, then stock springs with konis (really awesome for DD) and finally now strano springs with konis.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=JD_AMG;
One of the things I wanted to fix was the crashing suspension (along with the disconnected feel, twitchy/sloppiness when pushing the car, and the snap oversteer)
All of the above were done away with, and I will never own another fbody without at least konis.[/QUOTE]

Thanks JD. I am sold. After I pay my tax bill Konis may be next. I wonder if the same Konis fit all 4th gens? Then I can keep them if I buy another.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed the koni s/a shocks on my t/a ws6 and was totally blown away at the difference.The ride quality was so much better than the stock shocks.The car handling was dramatically different.The car is such a pleasure to drive now.The koni's were the worth every penny and the best mod I ever did to my car.I don't know how I drove it without them.You get what you pay for.Spend the money,you will be glad you did.
Sam is the man when it comes to suspension.I also installed his hollow sway bars.I was stunned at the difference after I installed them.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fraxum
...I wonder if the same Konis fit all 4th gens? Then I can keep them if I buy another.
If the stock upper shock mount and lower a-arm shock mounts are not modified by the previous owner, then they should.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:47 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 135 Likes on 88 Posts

If you get a set of Koni's for any 4th gen, they will fit any other 4th gen... They require no modification to install, they are OEM direct fit (but there are some details on install and setup I do cover with customers that stock shocks don't have).

I'm glad to see those folks who've been able to see the difference (and and various cases had other sets to compare to) kick their opinion in so you feel a bit better about Koni's being a lot of hype. Sometimes the hype comes from an actual good result.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: Thinking about putting some money into suspension -- a little clueless.