Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

De Carbons are absolute Sh#t!!! Koni's on the other hand...

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default De Carbons are absolute Sh#t!!! Koni's on the other hand...

Everynow and then someone makes a product that changes things. These products transform global thinking in some respects. R&D, money and most importantly, care at carte blanche are put in these prodcuts. Upon the time these particular products are unveiled to the masses, every aspect of everything ever known goes under speculation. Koni has made one of these superior products and it changed my entire world of knowledge on how Fbodies can handle...scratch that. Behave is the word I'm looking for.
Then there are the people who believe in these products and do their best to be the expert. You know, you can push a product all day. But the thing is EVERYONE is selling their own product. So at the end of the day when you find that amazing product, you can tell the guy who was saying "these are the ones you want" that he was right. Sam Strano is that guy and I'm here to publicly thank him and give a word of testiment to his expertise and knowledge. Thanks for believing in such a superior product and standing behind every word you've ever said about these. It's the most underrated upgrade I've ever known. My car behaves how I'd expect a $70k+ car to behave...THE WAY I WANT. And that's what's most important.
For those in the market for a suspension upgrade. Call Sam and he'll set you in the right direction.

notes: went from stock 44k mile WS6 De Carbons to these beautiful yellow/black DA 4/4 Koni's. This is the only change to suspension thus far. All other suspension stuff in sig has yet to be put on. I did this on purpose for comparison/contrast of stock to koni's.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So do you like them? lol jk

I hope to order the same suspension stuff you have in your sig when money allows
Old 01-08-2009, 02:17 PM
On The Tree

theres a thread already that you can post your feedback about his product......
Old 01-08-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe Koni is owned by Koni. Sam just happens to support them there guy...
Old 01-08-2009, 07:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Austin Auflick
I believe Koni is owned by Koni. Sam just happens to support them there guy...
Yes
Old 01-08-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Austin Auflick
Everynow and then someone makes a product that changes things. These products transform global thinking in some respects. R&D, money and most importantly, care at carte blanche are put in these prodcuts. Upon the time these particular products are unveiled to the masses, every aspect of everything ever known goes under speculation. Koni has made one of these superior products and it changed my entire world of knowledge on how Fbodies can handle...scratch that. Behave is the word I'm looking for.
Then there are the people who believe in these products and do their best to be the expert. You know, you can push a product all day. But the thing is EVERYONE is selling their own product. So at the end of the day when you find that amazing product, you can tell the guy who was saying "these are the ones you want" that he was right. Sam Strano is that guy and I'm here to publicly thank him and give a word of testiment to his expertise and knowledge. Thanks for believing in such a superior product and standing behind every word you've ever said about these. It's the most underrated upgrade I've ever known. My car behaves how I'd expect a $70k+ car to behave...THE WAY I WANT. And that's what's most important.
For those in the market for a suspension upgrade. Call Sam and he'll set you in the right direction.

notes: went from stock 44k mile WS6 De Carbons to these beautiful yellow/black DA 4/4 Koni's. This is the only change to suspension thus far. All other suspension stuff in sig has yet to be put on. I did this on purpose for comparison/contrast of stock to koni's.
Pretty amazing the difference just shocks will make huh? Review the rest of the suspension for us when you get it on too.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

I'd like to take a minute to thank Austin for his comparison. As always, it's real-world, direct and back to back comparison that make the best information.

FWIW, I have nothing to do with Koni (they are actually owned by ITT and I don't even own ITT stock). I just know a good part when I use it!

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-09-2009, 08:06 PM
TECH Addict

I've decided to take my Eibach prokits off tomorrow and see how it does on stock springs using the lower perch on the front Koni and no isolator in the back. My path of travel each day just drives me nuts and I need more ground clearance. I'm hoping it does well. I wish I had done what you've done in the first place to see....... I as well as several friends liked how previous fbody's drove on springs with those crappy decarbons.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

too bad mine gets drag shock...maybe I should buy another Fbody and put these on it, I think my wife likes firebirds

Quick Reply: De Carbons are absolute Sh#t!!! Koni's on the other hand...