Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LT1 to LS1 brakes... Good!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 to LS1 brakes... Good!!!!

Hello

For all you Lt1 owners looking to upgrade ft brakes, the LS1 swap is easy and it is night and day. I like the looks of the 93 to 97 camaros and over the last couple years I have been doing a lot of updates an LSx powertrain and other stuff (see web shots page). I wanted to improve my stopping power at the end of the 1/4, so I gave the swap a try. LS1 stuff, good pads and Brembo rotors... This was a cheep and easy project. The swap the took about 45 min since I put the spindles, rotors and everything on at one time. I used an air hammer to brake loose the tie-rod ends averything was bolt up and go. I did however have to use the LS1 hoses. I think I spent 300.00, but it can be done for less depending on your rotor and pad combo.

P.S. Be carefull buying salvage spindles. If you can, look at the car it cam off of and make sure the impact was not to the ft. Obvious I know, but some salvage yards do not check.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:52 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good comments. I'd also like to add that you actually SAVE weight by switching to LS1 brakes due to the material differences. I've seen some suggest switching to LT1 brakes to make drag wheels fit easier. Switching to LT1 brakes is never a good idea in my opinion. Why would any want lessor braking capabilities and a heavier configuration...Especially when we can build our drag wheels to fit right on a stock LS1 brakes.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought all the parts and am glad to here its easy. and such a great upgrade. and another good thing to hear is about the weight.

Quick Reply: LT1 to LS1 brakes... Good!!!!