Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Question on UMI Panhard Relocation

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on UMI Panhard Relocation

How far does UMI's panhard relocation kit move the Panhard Bar down on the passenger side?
I'm running 2.5" Bassani TDs and it rubs the stock support bar(or "upper" bar, I'm not sure of the name) on occasion. I know this will be taken care of with this kit.

However, my concern is that because the Bassini system does a little over an under panhard routine right there, one pipe over and one under, that it may drop it too far and then the OTHER exhaust pipe will rub on the underside of the actual PHB itself.
While it seems it would take quite a drop for that to happen since the under exhaust pipe has much more room in comparison, I want to be sure before I order.

I already have this: http://www.umiperformance.com/2029?category_id=124
(not on car yet)
And I'm looking at ordering this: http://www.umiperformance.com/2024?category_id=136

Thanks,

Tom
Old 01-19-2009, 02:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default About exhaust question

Hello,

Thank you for your interest of UMI Performance! The Panhard Bar that you are looking at will give you 2" additional clearance over stock. But if you can post some pics of your set-up, we would be able to help you better from there.

Thanks Again!
Brad
Old 01-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Teching In

Here's some pics. Sorry this is with car sittin on ground just snapped some quick shots. But you can see where it rubs, and how much room I have to drop the PHB.
It doesn't bother me too much(prolly won't even be able to hear it once I get LTs...) but if I can get rid of it, then why not.
I just don't want to spend the money on the relocation kit only for it to rub in a diff place than it does now.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:39 PM
FormerVendor

Default clearance issues

Hello,

Our relocation bracket will defiantly clear the top exhaust pipe. The overall drop is 2.5" adjustment if you could get me a measurement between both exhaust pipes I can give you a better explanation.

Thanks Again!
Brad
Old 01-19-2009, 04:01 PM
Teching In

The exhaust pipes are approx 5.5" apart, from the point at which the pipe rubs now to the top of the other pipe.
The stock PHB is about 3.25-3.5" from the underneath exhaust pipe.
So obviously I'll have less space from the bottom exhaust pipe to the PHB with the combo I linked to in my first post, but neither should rub as it sits, judging from those measurements and the 2.5" drop you gave me.

Although the bottom pipe would then be the one much closer.
But that is still better than where it sits now, if only just barely, if I'm looking at this correctly.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:24 AM
FormerVendor

Default about clearence

Hello,

We checked on the measurements of the relocation bracket. And if you have
3 1/2 inches,from bottom exhaust to bottom panhard bar. You should be good because the bracket will lower the bottom bar 2 1/8 so you should be good! If you have any other questions feel free to call or ask.

Thanks Again!
Brad
Old 01-20-2009, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the UMI upper panhard rod free's up a lot of room. It allowed me to run dual 3" pipes over it so I'd think running one shouldn't be a problem
Old 01-20-2009, 12:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Lightbulb

IMO, take it to a good exhaust shop, they should be able to make some minor adjustments to your pipes and/or exhaust hangers and fix your problem.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by transAm-98
the UMI upper panhard rod free's up a lot of room. It allowed me to run dual 3" pipes over it so I'd think running one shouldn't be a problem

Thats not the problem tho. I have no doubts at all it'll clear over the top. But the one I was asking about was to prevent it from dropping TOO far and rubbing the pipe underneath. In other words I didn't want to pay 200 bucks for this to prevent rubbing the over exhaust pipe on the upper panhard... only for it to then rub the under exhaust pipe on the bottom panhard. lol.

I think I'll be fine. I got the measurements I was looking for(Thanks Brad!) and I ordered the relocation kit and it shipped today. Hopefully it'll be here this weekend and I'll throw it and the new panhard bar on then.

Thanks again for the help!
Tom
Old 01-21-2009, 07:10 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up Problem

Hello,

Glad to hear I could help out and thanks for the order! Once you receive the product and if you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Thanks again,
Brad

Last edited by UMI Sales; 01-21-2009 at 07:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Question on UMI Panhard Relocation