Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Any experience with Brembo rotors?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any experience with Brembo rotors?

Aright guys heres the deal. My stock rotors have about 71 k on them , and have been turned before, so i think its about time for some new rotors. I can get 4 brand new brembo blanks for 300 bucks off the ws6 store, and think they would make excellent replacements. they will be used with stock calipers and hawks hps pads. Any thoughts on this combo? I'm no brake expert but want to stay on par with the mantinence for the car. Thanks for any info
Old 01-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Launching!

that seems to be the recommended combo on here, I would also paint your calipers while there off
Old 01-23-2009, 02:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PGUFF
that seems to be the recommended combo on here, I would also paint your calipers while there off
I thought about that, but i imagine unless i powdercoat them they'll chip like crazy.
Old 01-23-2009, 03:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I have a combo package that includes both Brembo Blanks and HPS pads.....

Lately we've been doing more and more of the ATE rotors and HPS pads (also available in a package) because for roughly $30 more you get rotors that are coated to prevent rusting on edges and hats, plus have the wear indicators (which are sort of like slots, but not as deep and without the sharp edges that create stress risers). For the money involved I definitely feel the ATE/HPS kit is a better value for just a few bucks more.

Brembo/HPS kit:http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=17&ModelID=7

ATE PremiumOne/HPS set: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=17&ModelID=7

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Brembo/HPS combo and I like them.

Bill
Old 01-26-2009, 10:29 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by SlowSS416
I thought about that, but i imagine unless i powdercoat them they'll chip like crazy.
If you use a good paint like the Duplicolor Caliper paint and make sure you clean the caliper really well before hand you shouldn't have any cracking problems. as for the rotors, check out our sale right now. Can get rotors and pads for the price of those Brembos, and PowerStop uses the same foundry as Brembo for many of their rotor castings.

Last edited by Brakemotive; 01-29-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I luv Brembo Rotors and have been using them for the last 10 years on my car. Never had a warping issue even when I had serious fad issues during an open track day. However that wasn't the rotors fault, it was mine for using the wrong pad.

I even upgraded the wife's Passat with Brembo rears after two sets of the factory rears warped in 12k miles (1st set replaced under warranty) and I've never had a problem again (30k miles later).

Maybe next time I might try the ATE Rotor's from Strano, I like the idea of having the edges coated as well as the "wear" indicator.

As far as painting goes. DON"T DO IT! I spent way too much time on mine last winter and within 1 summer they looked like crap. I used the Duplicolor caliper paint and primer. I even wet sanded it between coats to get the highest gloss finish possible and the paint chipped right off. This year I'm having them re-done by the http://www.thepowderpro.com/

Just remember to block your brake lines with a bolt, nut and 2 copper crush washers when you send your calipers out.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Launching!

Default Brembo Blanks and HPS pads

I run this setup on my car great combo. Only issue rusting on the rotors. I panted the hats so far the paint has been holding up. I think next time around I will give the ATE rotors a try.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Brembo blanks are a proven track enduring set of rotors.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:33 AM
TECH Junkie

as stated...the brembo/hps is one of the most reccommended combos on the board.

no sacrific in material quality or performance, all for a great price (similar to items of less quality).

but seeing this....hmm...thos ATE rotors look sexy
Old 01-27-2009, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

While I haven't upgraded to the Brembos and Hawks on my Camaro, I did do the LS1 brake conversion on my Syclone with Brembo/HPS package from Sam Strano. I have had a few opportunities to test the braking power on my truck and it stops on a dime now. You can't go wrong with the Brembos.

Quick Reply: Any experience with Brembo rotors?