Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI torque Arm Hitting Tunnel

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default about the torque arm

Hello,

You are going to have this problem no matter what with a aftermarket torque arm, but the moser seeing how the center section is big it off sets the arm which brings it closer to the tunnel. with the strange you might be able to get away grinding some of the edge off. If you have any other questions feel free call in or ask.
Thanks Again!
Brad
Old 01-26-2009, 01:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28
Does this have to be done for a S60 Rearend?
When Brad says grinding, he means you can grind either the rear end or torque arm bracket slightly. This will allow the torque arm to be slide onto the torque arm further and allows you to use the inner set of holes we supply. This is why our arms come with two sets of holes. The S60 is going to hit slightly as well.. its such a large housing it forces the torque arm even further to the drivers side.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
When Brad says grinding, he means you can grind either the rear end or torque arm bracket slightly. This will allow the torque arm to be slide onto the torque arm further and allows you to use the inner set of holes we supply. This is why our arms come with two sets of holes. The S60 is going to hit slightly as well.. its such a large housing it forces the torque arm even further to the drivers side.
Ok thanks, I haven't tried it yet but hopefully I don't have the same issues. Could the structural integrity of the Tq arm be compromised if I cut off the first two holes and run the second set?

sorry to the OP if I'm hi-jacking the thread.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

That would also be my question. How will the integrity be after cutting the inner holes off?
Old 01-26-2009, 02:12 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by as35thss
That would also be my question. How will the integrity be after cutting the inner holes off?
No it will not, this is what we designed it to do. Just don't cut too much off, trim or cut it just enough to fit on.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

I see. Thanks for the help. By the way. What a wonderful unit. I am very please with the TA and the lower control arms and panhard bar. I will be getting the K member and upper and lower front control arms.

I think I would add the tunnel problem in the direction, just to give people a heads up. Or the most likely problems with Moser 12 Bolts with clearance problems. I am hoping the QA 1 shocks help me with this problem at the track.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks Again

Hello,
Glad you like the product and that again for choosing UMI Performance. If you have any other problems feel free to contact us we will be more than glad to help.

Brad

Quick Reply: UMI torque Arm Hitting Tunnel