Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering my car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering my car?

Ok, so after searching around I found, I will need Springs, shocks, Adjustable LCAs and PHB, and Relocation brackets.
Here are the questions I have:
Is this all I need?
Can I get bolt in Relocation brackets?
What shock should I use? I will be mostly cruising with it
Thanks in advance
Old 01-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

I'm pretty sure all you really need are springs,shocks, and an adjustable panhard bar.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 95_transam_lt1
Ok, so after searching around I found, I will need Springs, shocks, Adjustable LCAs and PHB, and Relocation brackets.
Here are the questions I have:
Is this all I need?
Can I get bolt in Relocation brackets?
What shock should I use? I will be mostly cruising with it
Thanks in advance
The only thing you need are springs to lower the car.
[good]Shocks will dramatically improve ride, handling, and feel of the car.
Adjustable LCA's will allow you to adjust your wheel base (really not needed at all).
An adjustable PHB will allow you to adjust how your rear axle sits laterally compared to the body of the car (it will be "pushed" out toward the driver's side after being lowered, you can recenter it with this).
Relocation brakets are for dragracing, and will allow you to adjust the geometry of the LCA's.

I would highly suggest #1 shocks, #2 adjustable PHB. to go with your springs.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
The only thing you need are springs to lower the car.
[good]Shocks will dramatically improve ride, handling, and feel of the car.
Adjustable LCA's will allow you to adjust your wheel base (really not needed at all).
An adjustable PHB will allow you to adjust how your rear axle sits laterally compared to the body of the car (it will be "pushed" out toward the driver's side after being lowered, you can recenter it with this).
Relocation brakets are for dragracing, and will allow you to adjust the geometry of the LCA's.

I would highly suggest #1 shocks, #2 adjustable PHB. to go with your springs.
Are KYB AGX good? And when I lower it arent the lcas going to be on a bad angle and i will get alot of wheel hop without reloc brackets?
Old 01-24-2009, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if the car will not be drag raced frequently, i would recommend only springs, shocks, and an adjustable PHR. if you want to improve the handling even more, you could get some LCA's with at least one rod-end to help axle articulation.

if you want my personal opinion on the shocks, don't waste your time on KYB's, get the Koni's instead....yes they cost more, but i can tell you from first-hand experience, they are worth every penny.

but don't take it on my word alone....speak with Sam Strano....he will work with you to determine what your need are, and how to best address those needs.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
if the car will not be drag raced frequently, i would recommend only springs, shocks, and an adjustable PHR. if you want to improve the handling even more, you could get some LCA's with at least one rod-end to help axle articulation.

if you want my personal opinion on the shocks, don't waste your time on KYB's, get the Koni's instead....yes they cost more, but i can tell you from first-hand experience, they are worth every penny.

but don't take it on my word alone....speak with Sam Strano....he will work with you to determine what your need are, and how to best address those needs.
Thanks, I have never taken it to the track. but i do race it here and there. Its more of a cruiser.

Quick Reply: Lowering my car?