Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni Shock sale through 6/30/09

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009 | 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

hey sam, currently dropping 3k on the ss. is there free shipping when you combine the springs & shocks? i need to the end of april to order the set.btw what is the status on the sway bars i ordered them like almost 3wks ago when you said they should take 3 wks to ship;so next week should i be expecting fedex?
Old 05-10-2009 | 01:34 PM
12 Second Club

I know the sale is still going, but are the Koni shocks still in stock? Also, what's the status of your next batch of springs? When are they due in?
Old 05-11-2009 | 11:28 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

The Koni sale is big, some $140 or so off the normal price. It's so big I can't also offer free shipping. I'm sorry. Bars are in transit to me as I type this.

More Koni's are on the way, but we're currently selling more than Koni can supply. We are already starting to pile up backorders on the next run (and only limited amounts are making it in). I barely had enough this time to fill the backorders I had previous. If you want Koni's as soon as possible, then you need to get them on backorder as soon as possible to hold your place in line for a set.

Springs are about 7 weeks out.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 05-11-2009 | 03:21 PM
12 Second Club

As long as I order the Koni shocks before the sale ends, will the price still be honored, or do they have to actually be "shipped out" before 6/30 to get the sale price?

I'm thinking I want a set of the Koni 4/3's and a set of your springs.

My card wouldn't be charged until they're actually shipped, correct?
Old 05-11-2009 | 03:30 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor
10 Year Member20 Year Member

At this point I cannot confirm how Koni will handle backorders placed before the sale ends, but that are out of stock. I'd guess they will honor the sale to me if we purchased before the end of June.

But, you need to use some common sense here. People tend to wait until the last minute to do things. I won't be surprised if there is a big run on the shocks at the very end of the sale. If the numbers of folks wanting to buy exceeds the number of shocks Koni NA has available I'm not sure how that will play out.

My recommendation is to get an order in now, so you will get your shocks on the next stocking order that is due toward the end of May, early June and avoid the mess of the last minute folks altogether. I already have a number of the next run sold and every shock that came in on the last batch was sold when they arrived.

Now the backordering process.... When it comes to my products, things I have complete control over like bars or springs I do not charge for them until they are ready to ship. But this is a different animal. I don't control the Koni sales or stock. If you want to lock a set up, we have to pay for them upfront and the order will ship automatically upon arrival.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 05-11-2009 | 04:14 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the info...I need to wait until at least the end of next week so this month's credit card statement closes out (I pay it off every month) and then I'll probably place my order. Hopefully, that won't be too late to get in on the next batch of Koni shocks...
Old 05-12-2009 | 03:28 PM
12 Second Club

...I just pulled the trigger Sam, you should have just gotten an order to send to Macon, GA. Never thought I'd spend a grand on springs and shocks, but with all of these OUTSTANDING reviews, I'm sure I'll be happy! I guess the waiting game begins...

Quick Reply: Koni Shock sale through 6/30/09