Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

94 z28 clunking

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 z28 clunking

Hey guys my camaro is making a clunking noise in the passenger front area and i can feel it in the floor board as well. Im thinkin its my struts because i noticed they have oil leaking out of them. I was thinking about getting the bilsteins but i want the koni. I just dont know if i can afford to throw down 800 bucks. The car is a dd right now but soon to be a weekend fun car. I do plan on lowering the car sometime soon probably on the strano springs. What does everyone think. ANy other opinions would be great. Im no suspension guru thats for sure. thanks guys
Old 02-16-2009, 02:32 AM
TECH Veteran

if you have oil leakage it may as well be but it may not....how bout ur trans mount....or even a tie rod,ball joint......is it only over bumps, all the time, certain speeds...
Old 02-16-2009, 10:01 PM
TECH Resident

trans mount is good and my mechanic said everything looked good except the oil coming out of the struts. The noise only happens over bumps and when i take off a liittle fast from a light. It pops.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:28 AM
TECH Junkie

try checking your lower control arm bolts. they have to be torqued down pretty hard to keep from clunking.
i know when i put my BMR lca's in...i didn't tighten them enough, first test drive they clunked.

if you're planning to lower later....get the Koni's now. you won't regret it. basically the best shock out there...stock height or lowered. fully adjustable and fully rebuildable.

and Strano has them on discount right now....
Old 02-17-2009, 03:38 PM
TECH Resident

yeah i know the koni's are the way to go. I guess its time to save some cash and do the koni/strano set up. Hopefully i get the cash together while the sale lasts.

Quick Reply: 94 z28 clunking