Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI K-member install help

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my car back from the alignment shop. Still havent pushed it yet, but it is riding way too harsh with the konis set on full firm. other than that I am loving it, I think...
Old 02-23-2009, 11:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 901 Likes on 642 Posts

Originally Posted by some_punk
but it is riding way too harsh with the konis set on full firm. other than that I am loving it, I think...

Yeah that's a little stiff. Ask Sam to help you dial them in. Any pic's of the k member?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:34 PM
Launching!

I just got the konis dialed in today to a smoother ride. BUt there is still some sqeaking from the upper a-arms. How do you torque them down? I installed them jacked up the on the lower to the loaded position marked it, took it off and torqued it down. But It still doesnt seem like it is tight enough.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default sway bar?

Originally Posted by some_punk
I just got the konis dialed in today to a smoother ride. BUt there is still some sqeaking from the upper a-arms. How do you torque them down? I installed them jacked up the on the lower to the loaded position marked it, took it off and torqued it down. But It still doesnt seem like it is tight enough.
Are you sure its the UCA's and not the sway bar sqeaking? I noticed when i lowered my ride the first time, i thought it was the UCA's too and here because the bushing were use to being worn in a certain area and that changes when you lower the car because the sway bar rides on a diffrent part of the bushing now, because it sits at a diffrent angle now Grab the sway bar and try and move it alittle or have a buddy push up and down on it while under it LOL just make sure you ride isnt super low and your buddy weighs 500lbs LOL!!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:19 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a write up anywhere for the k member install? I plan on putting my UMI k member in tonight?
Old 04-10-2009, 01:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just FYI I got my car back from the alignment shop last friday and the ride is a little bit better with the UMI, I think its due to the weight off the nose and the konis like that setting.
Getting it aligned at the shop was easy, so will working on the car from now on!
This should be one of the first mods that we should do to these cars!
Old 10-12-2020, 09:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once again I'm resurrecting an old thread with a question.

I'm currently installing a UMI Road Race K-member into my 1999 Formula.

I'm looking for one of the Threaded Inserts that fit into the body cavity where the K-member mounts to the body.

First off, does anyone have an idea what these parts are called?

I've done a number of searches that include "threaded insert", "threaded mount", "engine cradle body mount" and countless different combinations of these, both thru google and on this site, without finding so much as a picture of one of them. (I really should have included a photo with this post. I'll be sure to update with one later.)

And my second question, where would one find this "Threaded Insert" available for purchase?

Also fellow members, let me say this. I am quite aware that there are numerous ways I can use to fasten these two pieces together. I am not looking for any "This is what I would do..." replies. I want to know what these Threaded Inserts are called and where I can find one. That is all.

As always, thanks to everyone for taking the time to read my post and respond to my question.

EDIT: Okay after a lot of digging, I found it.

https://chevrolet.7zap.com/pt/camaro...579976-0-0/#41

Thanks to all.

Last edited by Mumbles; 10-12-2020 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Found it!
The following users liked this post:
ramairjohn2000 (10-13-2020)

Quick Reply: UMI K-member install help