Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano Springs: "the next batch"

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine in january on his last shipment and they are still in their box under my bed
Old 04-12-2009, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just ordered some hopefully you will get more than you expected or ill stay 4x4! please PM me when you find out sam...
Old 04-12-2009, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

When you get a set of 4/4 koni's does that include all 4 shocks?
Old 04-13-2009, 03:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by uLs1a
I got mine in january on his last shipment and they are still in their box under my bed
Do you wanna sell them?
Old 04-13-2009, 08:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SOMcockySS
Sam, anymore sets available? Would really like to talk to you about best set up anyways. Please PM if I can still order. No biggie if none left, the car will be in storage until August.

Thanks, Ryan B.

Columbia, SC
Best way to contact him is via telephone. Always gotten quick excellent service when I've called him.

-Matt
Old 04-13-2009, 12:34 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

The phone is always best if we want to discuss options, but being I'm pretty swamped it might take me a while to return phone calls (even a few days at my busiest).
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 04-15-2009, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

I just got my invoice for my springs. Thanks a bunch Sam. I can't wait to put them on.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Up to 23 on back-order right now.
Could I swap springs for a good set? My last set of strano's slipped waaaaaaaay past the whole "quality control" part.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:30 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by clainhart3
I just got my invoice for my springs. Thanks a bunch Sam. I can't wait to put them on.
I got an invoice too. Does that mean I got a set from this batch? Just making sure
Old 04-15-2009, 01:55 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by nsstech
Could I swap springs for a good set? My last set of strano's slipped waaaaaaaay past the whole "quality control" part.

No. If you need reminded of why, you can review the entire thread dedicated to the subject here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...m-between.html
If you recall your statement about how my springs suck vs. the *old* BMR's I wonder how you feel now they "developed" a set that's so much more like mine.... nsstech's post is #38 fwiw.

Springs are made in full runs off of one coil of wire, it's not really possible to have one bad set of 100... and I don't see many others having an issue like you claim to have. Springs are made on a CNC winder that is preset, and every spring is the same free length, and made of the same wire (and 99 or so other sets came of the same spool). As far as I can tell two people in the thread above though their nose was low, and today I spoke to a man who's front is higher than normal (and again, no other complaints from the rest of the customers). File it under car variance. Clearly plenty of folks are not only happy, but can articulate why they are and compare/contrast to other setups.

I'm curious as to why you're posting in this thread... you already have some right? Why does the status on my spring order interest you so much? I'd still love to know your name, not sure I ever found that out before. I'd like to confirm when you bought them and compare notes to others from that same run.

Edited to add this: https://ls1tech.com/forums/11376586-post1.html Sometimes it's funny how life works out. Here's a car on nsstech's BMR springs that is (wait for it.... ) slammed in the front! 25" front, 26.75" rear---OH MY GOD! Are you going to go ripping on them for QC issues? I bet not.

Last edited by Sam Strano; 04-15-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by MOE_TAWS6
I got an invoice too. Does that mean I got a set from this batch? Just making sure
Yep, you got a set.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:18 PM
12 Second Club

Yep, you got a set.
Sweet. thanks! When should I expect the package?
Old 04-15-2009, 04:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

You'll all get shipping notifications from FedEx when the boxes are picked up (the last of them are being picked up tomorrow).
Old 04-15-2009, 05:28 PM
12 Second Club

Perfect. I have to agree with everyone, the customer service you have is great. Thanks.

Last edited by MOE_TAWS6; 04-19-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 03:38 PM
Staging Lane

No. If you need reminded of why, you can review the entire thread dedicated to the subject here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...m-between.html
If you recall your statement about how my springs suck vs. the *old* BMR's I wonder how you feel now they "developed" a set that's so much more like mine.... nsstech's post is #38 fwiw.

Springs are made in full runs off of one coil of wire, it's not really possible to have one bad set of 100... and I don't see many others having an issue like you claim to have. Springs are made on a CNC winder that is preset, and every spring is the same free length, and made of the same wire (and 99 or so other sets came of the same spool). As far as I can tell two people in the thread above though their nose was low, and today I spoke to a man who's front is higher than normal (and again, no other complaints from the rest of the customers). File it under car variance. Clearly plenty of folks are not only happy, but can articulate why they are and compare/contrast to other setups.

I'm curious as to why you're posting in this thread... you already have some right? Why does the status on my spring order interest you so much? I'd still love to know your name, not sure I ever found that out before. I'd like to confirm when you bought them and compare notes to others from that same run.

Edited to add this: https://ls1tech.com/forums/11376586-post1.html Sometimes it's funny how life works out. Here's a car on nsstech's BMR springs that is (wait for it.... ) slammed in the front! 25" front, 26.75" rear---OH MY GOD! Are you going to go ripping on them for QC issues? I bet not.
I have the set sitting in my garage. I'm still on BMR's original springs as the strano's made the rear sit crooked and the front was slammed, so much that it blew out one of my Koni's going down the highway - I think that gives me a little room for venting. And I have no idea why that car is so low with the BMR springs. And no, I'm not going to rip BMR for their quality control. I dont feel that I "ripped" you personally- I've spoke highly of you in previous threads. But I will tell you this- I've had my fair share of run-ins with BMR and I've voiced my opinion towards that company plenty of times. I don't see why you think I'm ripping on you- I've bought a decent amount of products from you and plan to continue. I simply asked a question if they could be swapped- either the springs somehow slipped quality control or I installed the strano's incorrectly twice and the BMR's correct from the get go. Although it would be pretty hard to install the assembly wrong- it's really simple. I suppose if you would have been in the shop when I installed them originally you would believe me .
Old 04-20-2009, 03:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

What is your name????????

And I'm glad you like your current springs. Case closed. Until you can step up and tell me who you are, and further respond to the link I posted two posts ago when the man installed the same springs you did, and *he* ended up with a slammed front end, I'm not really willling to take anything you say very seriously.

The numbers speak for themselves. The happy customers speak for themselves. I can't be everything to everyone, and I'm not trying to be. I'm sorry you dislike your springs. I'm sure you could sell them in a New York minute if you dislike them so much. In fact I bet you'd have a line to buy them. How much do you want for them?

Last edited by Sam Strano; 04-20-2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

I never said your springs suck. I said they were tearing my car apart. And I'm sorry you are, apparently, furious about BMR making a spring similar to yours, but that's not my problem. Truth is I don't really care if your pissed about BMR copying you. I didn't come in here to dog on your products and hail BMR products. I came in asking a simple question.

OH MY GOD! Are you going to go ripping on them for QC issues? I bet not.
Seriously? If you're having a bad day drink a beer, hell, it's 4/20 smoke a few joints- but please don't embarrass yourself in front of everyone by disrespecting me, a paying customer who has bought nearly 1,500 dollars worth of parts from your store . There is no reason for you to react like that to a customer; you just made a fool of yourself.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Seriously? If you're having a bad day drink a beer, hell, it's 4/20 smoke a few joints- but please don't embarrass yourself in front of everyone by disrespecting me, a paying customer who has bought nearly 1,500 dollars worth of parts from your store . There is no reason for you to react like that to a customer; you just made a fool of yourself. [/QUOTE]

I have simply just been sitting back and reading this stuff that is going on, but now I'm curious you have said you have spent over $1500 with Sam and despite Sam's numerous attemps to get your name you still refuse to tell him (or us) your name. If what you say is true then it should not be a problem in giving up your name so that your story can be verified and add credence to your story.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

What is your name????????
Sent in a PM.
and further respond to the link I posted two posts ago when the man installed the same springs you did, and *he* ended up with a slammed front end, I'm not really willling to take anything you say very seriously.
Originally Posted by nsstech
And I have no idea why that car is so low with the BMR springs.
I don't know how they were installed, if it was some 16 year old kid trying to install them or what. His front end sits low, mine doesn't- I don't know why. I don't know what more you want me to say
The numbers speak for themselves. The happy customers speak for themselves.
Why do you think I want to swap for a good set? All I've heard is good about them. Of course I'd like to try a set on my car (after all, I DID order your springs originally, and I DID pay for them). I guess I don't understand your logic/reasoning behind some of your posts.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

PM'd....cool

Quick Reply: Strano Springs: "the next batch"