Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

wheel jerks when turning

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wheel jerks when turning

im not to sure where to post this, but when i turn my streeing wheel all the way to the right and back up (like when i pull out of a parking spot) my driver side wheel jerks and i feel the whole car move. dose anyone know what it can be??? do i just need an alignment?? and the wheels are stock 02 ws6 wheels.

THANKS
Old 02-21-2009, 11:46 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by sam23
im not to sure where to post this, but when i turn my streeing wheel all the way to the right and back up (like when i pull out of a parking spot) my driver side wheel jerks and i feel the whole car move. dose anyone know what it can be??? do i just need an alignment?? and the wheels are stock 02 ws6 wheels.

THANKS
Something odd like that happens to me also. only when the wheel is cut and backing up? Maybe some here knows whats up?
Old 02-21-2009, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Im gonna say its a ball joint. If you take it in for an alignment they will should check all of that before the adjust anything. Or you can do it yourself if you jack the front end up and shake the tires back and forth by hand and look for excessive movement.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by slow ride 02
Something odd like that happens to me also. only when the wheel is cut and backing up? Maybe some here knows whats up?
yeah thats when i really feel it when i cut the wheel and back up,
did u ever fix the problem??

Last edited by sam23; 02-21-2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693
Im gonna say its a ball joint. If you take it in for an alignment they will should check all of that before the adjust anything. Or you can do it yourself if you jack the front end up and shake the tires back and forth by hand and look for excessive movement.
thanks, im gonna check that out and if there is alot of movement, is it hard to change the ball joint???
Old 02-21-2009, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ball joint? PITA
Old 02-21-2009, 01:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah ball joints aren't fun. They aren't really too difficult though... Depending of your mechanical inclination and if you have ever done one it may be a little more than you want to deal with. The Hayes Manual from Autozone will walk you through it if you want an idea.

I'm sure there is a write up on here somewhere of how to do it. BTW - it's not cheap to pay someone to do it either.

Quick Reply: wheel jerks when turning