Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Well those QA1 Coilovers definietely dropped my car....

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 05:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well those QA1 Coilovers definietely dropped my car....

Before:

After:

I replaced the front suspension with QA1 R series coilovers, 300lb springs and the rear suspension I did the heater hose mod with Comp Eng Drag shocks.

I am going to adjust the front up 1" - 1.5", this was a picture I snapped immediately after dropping the car after putting them in.

The rear is a good 1" lower than it was before, I had to stick 245/50 loaner wheels and tires on the car because I sold my Summit stars in favor of 15x10 Billet Street Lites with 28" MT Radials. I think the 28" Radial will help to take up the gap left in the rear.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:59 PM
12 Second Club

yeah thats about the same droped look i now have in the front with my qa1's and eibach dl springs. Anyone know what is the proper process/height to adjust the fronts?
Old 02-24-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

whats the heater hose mod?
Old 02-24-2009, 07:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^removing the rear spring isolators and slipping heater hose onto the end of the top of the coil to seperate the coil frm the metal body and reduce noise

lowers the car a lil less than an inch
Old 02-25-2009, 07:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

damn! how do you guys come up with this stuff? thats brilliant! i learn something every day on this site!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by nemss1
^^^removing the rear spring isolators and slipping heater hose onto the end of the top of the coil to seperate the coil frm the metal body and reduce noise

lowers the car a lil less than an inch
In my car is was exactly an inch, and will prob lower it even more once it all settles again in the rear.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The adjuster screw the spring sits on needs to be 3/4 of the way up the shock to get close to stock height.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 02-25-2009, 03:06 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks Ryan, so just bust out the spanner and start bringing up the front a little, would having the front lower like this hurt the launch performance/weight transfer? And is it better to raise the spring perches with the front loaded/unloaded/or doesnt matter?
Old 02-25-2009, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dude....thats crazy. not tryin to hijack but I just ordered the gen F package. should i expect similar results?
Old 02-25-2009, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by transaman98
dude....thats crazy. not tryin to hijack but I just ordered the gen F package. should i expect similar results?
Well i guess it depends on how you set them up. I assume you already know u can adjust the height. I just got some on my car. F-gen coilovers for the fronts with 275 spring and F-gen rear shocks too. So far, I like them. I got the single adjustables.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by evilbeef54
Thanks Ryan, so just bust out the spanner and start bringing up the front a little, would having the front lower like this hurt the launch performance/weight transfer? And is it better to raise the spring perches with the front loaded/unloaded/or doesnt matter?
You don't want it that low. Did you purchase a thrust bearing kit with it? If not you will be turning that adjuster for a long long time to get it up, you only get little bites at a time and will be there for hours. The easiest and best thing to do is remove the assemble from the car and screw it up 3/4 of the way up and reinstall it. If you need some help with this call in and speak with Jerry... he has a lot of experience with this set-up and the installation. If you remove and do not have the thrust bearing kit I highly recommend it, its $30 and makes adjusting so much easier.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
Old 02-25-2009, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
You don't want it that low. Did you purchase a thrust bearing kit with it? If not you will be turning that adjuster for a long long time to get it up, you only get little bites at a time and will be there for hours. The easiest and best thing to do is remove the assemble from the car and screw it up 3/4 of the way up and reinstall it. If you need some help with this call in and speak with Jerry... he has a lot of experience with this set-up and the installation. If you remove and do not have the thrust bearing kit I highly recommend it, its $30 and makes adjusting so much easier.

Hope that helps!
Ryan
+1 for the thrust bearing kit. I ordered it with the spanner wrenches and turning it so far and adjusting it has been no problem.

Quick Reply: Well those QA1 Coilovers definietely dropped my car....