Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Jegster Adjustable Torque Arm

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 04:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Jegster Adjustable Torque Arm

Anyone use these? From the description it looks like they are shorter and looks like you have to remove the carpet to install the mounting bracket.

Having said that, the price looks right though and it gets the torque arm off of the tail shaft.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used one, and it ended up being a freaking disaster. Its a major PITA to install, ripped the bolts through the floor pan, so I then had to buy huge washers. I had huge problems with the pinion angle, and just took it off and sold it. Mine wasn't ajustable though. For the price, buy a umi, or sphoon. They are of far better quality, and much easier to intall, also alot stronger.

With the power your making, that jegster shouldn't even be an option for you.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:22 AM
11 Second Club

Thats what I was afraid of. I seen an adjustable one for 150 bucks. Just looked like a big PITA to install. I didn't even think about it pulling the bolts through. All the money that they have and they couldn't just copy the way the umi or bmr units are. Pretty stupid IMO
Old 03-14-2009, 05:19 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

I have seen a lot complaints about how the Jegster torque arms installs as well.. I don't think it's the best idea.

If you have any interest in our product or questions please let me know. We can set you up with a tunnel mounted torque arm for $368.99

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 03-14-2009, 05:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello,

I have seen a lot complaints about how the Jegster torque arms installs as well.. I don't think it's the best idea.

If you have any interest in our product or questions please let me know. We can set you up with a tunnel mounted torque arm for $368.99

Thank you!
Ryan
Nice, the price has come down since the last I've looked. I'll see what the wife says and see if I can use some of the tax return money.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like the UMI torque arms, moreso then the Spohn one i had previously. On my current car i have the jegster adjustable torque arm, it was a bit of a pain in the *** to install but it works good and i havent had any problems with it. I have no complaints about the quality of it either. I ran larger washers on the bolts from the getgo, and haven't had any bolts pull through or loosen up.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigKap94z
I really like the UMI torque arms, moreso then the Spohn one i had previously. On my current car i have the jegster adjustable torque arm, it was a bit of a pain in the *** to install but it works good and i havent had any problems with it. I have no complaints about the quality of it either. I ran larger washers on the bolts from the getgo, and haven't had any bolts pull through or loosen up.
What all did you have to remove to install it?
Old 03-15-2009, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Center console, seats, interior panels in back area in order to roll the carpet in order to get center hump to install. removing that stuff is easy, it was more time consuming to drill and install bolts without a helper. I did it in an afternoon in a driveway on jackstands while taking my time to clean the inside of the car along the way.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

F THAT. I'll spend the extra money
Old 03-15-2009, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98Camarod
F THAT. I'll spend the extra money
LOL, i had no idea it was that labor intensive when i got that torque arm either...but after doing it, wasn't so bad. For the money i think its a good piece.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:43 PM
11 Second Club

Do you have any pictures of it installed?
Old 03-15-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I do not, but i do have the car up in the air for working on it. If u would like i suppose i could take a few pics for you tomorrow.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:52 PM
11 Second Club

That would be cool. I still might change my mind. I might be getting a cage and I'll have it all out any ways. So it wouldn't take much to install it then I guess.
Old 04-19-2009, 03:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Hello,

Thank you!
Ryan
Your products look good, but your tunnel mounted arms actually bolt to the transmission mount (that's what I see on your website). This doesn't help those who are trying to work around their exhaust.

I have a custom transmission crossmember that lets the exhaust run under it, so I need a torque arm that mounts somewhere else. If you have a torque arm like this, then I'd love to see it! I need one ASAP.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

No response from UMI?
Old 06-22-2011, 01:05 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by a10beav
Your products look good, but your tunnel mounted arms actually bolt to the transmission mount (that's what I see on your website). This doesn't help those who are trying to work around their exhaust.

I have a custom transmission crossmember that lets the exhaust run under it, so I need a torque arm that mounts somewhere else. If you have a torque arm like this, then I'd love to see it! I need one ASAP.
Originally Posted by Bradlyj8Z28
No response from UMI?

The simple answer is the tunnel mounted TA's do NOT bolt to the factory transmission mount, they mount to the stock crossmember location behind the trans crossmember. It's a weak stamped steel piece that most throw away when they do full exhaust anyways.

That being said, cross-member mounted TA's do still cause problems with certain long tube header designs, and some even make special crossmembers based on if you have headers or not.

The best option in my opinion is to get a transmission mounted long style TA, and get their Torque arm relocation crossmember that replaces the factory trans crossmember. the longer TA's tend to not have the same problems, but no promises!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Zombie thread...anyway, the UMI tunnel-mounted torque arms don't mount to the transmission mount; they mount to a new, secondary crossmember that comes with the torque arm that mounts where the OEM tunnel brace (I believe that's what it is) goes.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradlyj8Z28
No response from UMI?
Sorry must have missed this one but it is over a year old.

If you have any questions regarding a torque arm please reply and I will be glad to help.

Thanks!
Ryan

Quick Reply: Jegster Adjustable Torque Arm