Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano they say to talk to you man!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 09:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strano they say to talk to you man!

Hey, Ive got a 98 TA, Ive got Suspensionumi Panhard bar and LCA's. The guy i bought the car from gave me some brackets and told me if i wanted to lower the car id need em, no idea what they are (as i am somewhat of a newbie!ha)
Question is....What do i need if i just want to lower the car say 1.2-1.4 all the way around? I want to lower the car for looks but while im doing it is there a certain performance pack that would help on launches and what not?

Also would these work? Theyre on sale!!!hahahahaha
http://www.gnetworks.com/v4/go.gnf?s...&listTemplate=

Thanks!!
Old 03-20-2009, 09:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Strano sells parts, so he would probably rather you buy from him if he talks you through stuff. His site is www.stranoparts.com. He is great to deal with (price and support wise) and knows what he is talking about. I've never heard of the brand PHB and LCA's you are using. What types of bushings do the LCA's have, and is the PHB adjustable? The brackets are most likely LCA relocation brackets. They aren't as needed for handling as they are for launches. No lowering spring will help with launches at the track, the stiffer rate is not really what you want there. For handling I've been happy with both hotchkis and Strano springs (depending on the perpose). So what are you really using the car for? Mainly street with some 1/4 mile passes on occasion or is it really going to be built for drags? When Sam gets in here I'm sure he will ask some of these questions (if not more). Your best way to get a hold of him and get the most info is to simply call the guy (HAVE SOME SPARE TIME THOUGH, it will probably not be a short conversation).
Old 03-20-2009, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Wow!ha Yeh i mean its a DD that i race on the street more than i track it...i mean 2-4 track days a year...maybe! and yeh im gonna call him its just after hours so i figured id see if i could catch him on here! Im not sure exactly if the PHB is adjustable or not, and idk bout the bushings! Like i said, im somewhat of a newb so bear with me! Thanks
KEEP IT COMING!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

You would have to get under the car to tell if the PHB is adjustable or not. What you will be looking for is a threaded portion either between two parts of the bar or on the ends. Odds are you have poly in the LCA's which I tend to stay away from (They bind in the corners). J&M makes a nice option for the LCA's for occasional track use but mainly street which is 3 peice poly. I personally run Moog solid rubber bushings in the stock LCA's because it is one of the best options for my needs. So do you want the car to handle better? You really need to make some kind of decision as to what you are wanting out of the car before we can really address things. Hope you got a hold of Strano today.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:02 PM
On The Tree

yeh i called twice today no answer...I just want to lower the car. I mean if there are some springs or watever that will lower the car and give me some additional help cornering and launching then so be it...i just want it lowered...if all i can do is lower it then thats fine i was just curious if there was a lowering kit that would help performance wise as well!

STRANO hit me up man!!! 337-207-2519
Old 03-21-2009, 06:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'd PM him rather than leave your number up for the masses to read and spam you with . As far as handling goes, Strano's are pretty hard to beat. I've cut better 60ft with the strano's than I ever did with the 1LE's that were on the car. Since you have a 98 WS6 I think you should have 1LE springs on your car as well. Now strano's are not designed for the strip though, and I probably owe more to the Koni shocks than the springs for my 60ft improvement. I'd highly recommed getting a nice set of shocks to compliment your springs (go over that with strano when you get a hold of him) as they will improve the car much more than the springs. Also your stock shocks will not hold up or properly damp a new set of springs so you will need a new set anyway. You will probably be looking at getting a set of Koni's (best) or KYB-AGX's with any set of lowering springs (Strano, BMR, Hotchkis, Eibach or whatever) since bilstein and tokico aren't really valved for drops or higher rates. As far as the look, Strano's drop the car 1.2" and I'm really happy with how it sits. No sag or **** poor quality either. They are also made of a lighter material than most other springs on the market so that's another added benefit. I liked my old Hotchkis springs too but I feel the linear spring rate of the strano's is a bit more predictable and lower the car .2" more where the Hotchkis ride a bit smoother. You really won't gain much if anything from just the springs at the track but will have improved handling if matched with proper shocks and of course the better look. Sorry for being long winded.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:07 PM
On The Tree

haha dont apologize at all!! its kool thats what im looking for!! haha so how much am i looking to spend?
Old 03-21-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Depends on the shock choice. Koni's aren't cheap but Strano has them on sale right now. I have the 4/3's which have 4 settings for the rear shocks and must be adjusted off the car. They are about 100 bucks cheaper than the 4/4's which are infinitely adjustable and can be done on the car. So basically you are looking at how much adjustment you want and how often you think you will be doing it. I have only changed my settings once but some guys are more apt to tweek than me. The 4/3's are $732 and the 4/4's are $835. The KYB-AGX's are only $390 and may be enough for you. The thing I don't like about the adjustment on the KYB's is that it adjusts both compression and rebound damping at the same time so you end up having to comprimise with them to get the car right. The Koni's only allow you to adjust rebound but this is actually nicer and the compression rate is set at a pretty nice point to begin with. The strano springs are $275 shipped and hotchkis are about $250-#260ish plus shipping usually. So you would be running anywhere from about $650 to around $1100.

Quick Reply: Strano they say to talk to you man!