Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Who sells Adapters for brake lines??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who sells Adapters for brake lines??

I have driven all over town trying to find someone that sells hydrualic adapters for my brake lines and can;t find anything. I tried lowes and autozone with no luck

thanks
Dustin
Old 04-09-2009, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

What are you trying to adapt? Edelman makes lots of different hyd adapters to fit stuff. Right now I am putting rear ls1/c5 brakes on a typhoon. The lines on the diff wont match to the ls1 /c5 lines. Its metric to 3/8 or double B to double d. Anyway if its the same problem I have the part # and Oreilly showed the part in stock. Edelman makes lots of different adapters.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

i am looking for the following 2 adapters

female 10x1.0 to Male -3an
female 12x1.25 to Male -3an
Old 04-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Formula_Power
i am looking for the following 2 adapters

female 10x1.0 to Male -3an
female 12x1.25 to Male -3an

I've been beating the pavement ~and Internet looking for adapters for my master cylinder too. It seems GM decided to use a stupid ***-ed 11M x 1.5 (thats the size Hurst listed in their instruction) for the rear line on the master with a 10M x 1.0 to the ABS block. Good luck finding anything with 11mm in the sizes... What should have taken 20 minutes (line lock install) takes days to get a stupid *** fitting nobody stocks on a friggn GM vehicle. I'll sorta miss GM...

I found the following on another thread...

ADAPTER STANDARD TO METRIC BUBBLE

Rear Port-
Female Inverted Flare Seat 3/16" (3/8-24 thread) -> Male Bubble Flare 11-1.5MM.... Edelmann #264000, Everco #3030, Weatherhead #7973

Front Port-
Female Inverted Flare Seat 3/16" (3/8-24 thread) -> Male Bubble Flare 12-1.0MM.... Edelmann #265000, Everco #3014, Weatherhead #7974
-3AN TO 3/8 inch -24 I.F EARLS# 581531ERL

Interesting, I could find 12mmx1.0 male to -3an male fittings but no 11x1.5mm in the same config.
Old 04-13-2009, 05:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hindsight is 20/20. Fittings necessary depends on vehicle year and vehicle type.

We can provide any OEM style fitting necessary for a direct fit for your car.

I'm not sure what is being attempted here, but if a line lock is what is being considered. Our direct fit kits would make it rather simple. If a person prefers to build their own kit, I admire that and have no issues. We can supply an individual with any components needed. Please do not ask what you need, you design it, ask for the parts, and we can supply them.

If you're not sure what you need, consider a direct fit kit that we have to offer. There is little to no thought process involved and install is very straight forward. For ~139.00, you'd receive a line lock, master toggle switch with remote mount LED, control momentary switch, wire, pre-assembled fittings, pre-formed brake lines, full detailed directions and correctly configured electrical configuration with schematic.

We sell the pre-formed lines by themselves as well..

I will suggest folks switching to AN adapters is not a good idea. First and foremost, my first reaction is they are using braided lines in place of hardlines. NEVER do this. Never add braided lines into your system over hard-lines, it will reduce performance of your braking system. I see no other reason nor benefit to switch to AN fittings. Running adapters and conversions leads to nothing but complicating a simple connection and increasing likelihood of leaks or failures.

Last edited by SJM Manufacturing Inc; 04-13-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:11 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Hindsight is 20/20. Fittings necessary depends on vehicle year and vehicle type.

We can provide any OEM style fitting necessary for a direct fit for your car.

I'm not sure what is being attempted here, but if a line lock is what is being considered. Our direct fit kits would make it rather simple. If a person prefers to build their own kit, I admire that and have no issues. We can supply an individual with any components needed. Please do not ask what you need, you design it, ask for the parts, and we can supply them.

If you're not sure what you need, consider a direct fit kit that we have to offer. There is little to no thought process involved and install is very straight forward. For ~139.00, you'd receive a line lock, master toggle switch with remote mount LED, control momentary switch, wire, pre-assembled fittings, pre-formed brake lines, full detailed directions and correctly configured electrical configuration with schematic.

We sell the pre-formed lines by themselves as well..

I will suggest folks switching to AN adapters is not a good idea. First and foremost, my first reaction is they are using braided lines in place of hardlines. NEVER do this. Never add braided lines into your system over hard-lines, it will reduce performance of your braking system. I see no other reason nor benefit to switch to AN fittings. Running adapters and conversions leads to nothing but complicating a simple connection and increasing likelihood of leaks or failures.
Sorry...
If I were to do it again I would go with and recommend a pre-fabbed set up. Only because of the ridiculous factory fitting setup. Fittings are usually cheap but in this case the PIA factor would have been worth the extra$$$. I had to make custom lines because of the location I chose (bling setup)~now~ All I need is the inverted flare m11 x 1.5 to the rear master on my 99TA. If you keep THAT in stock you are a rare bird. I have called 9 shops including a hydro shop today, not one place carries it. (or any 11MM fitting)
Old 04-13-2009, 06:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have all OEM fittings in stock. To my knowledge, there are no inverted flare fittings of the size you're asking for nor are there any vehicles using that configuration.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Is there any venders that carry this? I found the on Orielys web site but the two fittings they want $26 bucks for them!!
Old 10-17-2010, 08:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Anybody?

Quick Reply: Who sells Adapters for brake lines??