Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

newb suspension questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newb suspension questions

I've got a 98 T/A with 18'' C6 wheels with 275-30-18s on it. I'd like to lower my car so it doesn't look like its 4wd. I've been readin posts by yall and have learned quite a bit. I'd like to improve the handling as well as the asthetics of my ride. However, I don't want it to be completely slammed, spend outrageous $$$ or make it ride like a box car. I have no desire to build a full out race car.....just want it to handle better than stock and have it look sharp!
I've been checkin out the pro kit by eibach as well as their performance handling kit......I think it comes with springs, relocators and maybe a panhard or swaybar.....I cant remember. If I go with this set up, what type of shocks should I go with? I don't need to go with coil overs.....right? Please give me some suggestions!! Thankx so much
Old 04-18-2009, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think most on here will tell you to stay away form the Eibach springs. They tend to have rear spring sag after you put some miles on them. I have Strano Springs waiting to go on along with Bilstein shocks. A lot of people do Strano springs with KYB shocks. They're a little cheaper than the Bilsteins and a lot cheaper than the Konis. I know you said you weren't looking to drop a lot of money, but if you want awesome springs go for the Konis. Check out www.stranoparts.com Sam Strano is awesome when it comes to setting your car up the way you want it.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up A few ideas for you!

Hello
I would defiantly suggest a adjustable pan hard bar to allow you to re-center the rear end when the car is lowered! We offer two versions of Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets (weld on and bolt on). They would get you back the lost traction that you lost by allowing you to readjust your control arms therefore eliminating wheel hop and increasing your traction performance! Below is a few link to show you what I am explaining!
http://umiperformance.com/products.php?category_id=125\
http://umiperformance.com/products.php?category_id=124
If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be glad to help!
Thanks
Brad