Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR LCA's and Torque Arm

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
I don't claim to know everything about wheelhop but I don't think changing the torque arm is gonna help with that. I know LCA relocation brackets is where you wanna start. Do a search on "wheelhop", should turn up lots of results.
ok i will have to go search again.. i searched once and kinda got some info and all they talked about was lca's and a torque arm.... ill go look again... wat exactly do the relocation brackets for the lcas do for the lcas..?
Old 04-29-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when you go up in power an aftermarket helps or when you lower the car an adjustable torque arm will help.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

lca relocation brackets are for when you lower the car.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sroach20
oki gotcha.. kinda new a suspension if yall havent noticed... so relocation brackets for lcas are only really need if your car is lowered... i heard that lowering your car effects your launches in a bad way...
Old 04-29-2009, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

if you lower your car and do lca relocation brackets, adjustable torque arm, and an adjustable panhard bar you will be fine on launching.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Launching!

ok thanks guys... i think my dumb *** understands what i need and why i need it
Old 04-30-2009, 08:32 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by airforcemanss
i was just checkin those out. where are the relocation brackets for those? i am going to be lowering my car with strano' set up.

also, wheres the pinion angle finder? i might order a torque arm too
The relocation brackets work with all of our control arms.

Its not in the picture but if you look at the tracpack torque arm its on the right.

sorry for highjacking but is the bushing that comes with it one piece? byunspeed has your adjustable torque arms on sale for $230 and i was thinking of getting one, especially since it comes with the angle finder. i just bought a used umi relocation bracket for $100 and it says i need a one piece bushing.
Yes ours is a one piece and will work with the UMI relocation bracket.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 04-30-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Relocation brackets aren't just for lowered cars. Not every car was built exactly the same at the factory and some cars wheelhop bad from the start. Relocation brackets are a great mod, even for a stock car
Old 04-30-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

sorry for highjacking but is the bushing that comes with it one piece? byunspeed has your adjustable torque arms on sale for $230 and i was thinking of getting one, especially since it comes with the angle finder. i just bought a used umi relocation bracket for $100 and it says i need a one piece bushing.

Yes it is one piece......
Old 04-30-2009, 01:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BMR Sales2
Yes ours is a one piece and will work with the UMI relocation bracket.
thanks, ordered one.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
Just measure the distance of the stocker, hole to hole, then adjust the BMRs to the same legnth.
that doesnt help anything,

first if BMR does send them already set at the stock lenght then BMR sucks as a company( i am pretty sure they come set)

second if you want the same lenght as the stocker, then buy the non adjustalbe ones.

third the point of the adjustable is so you can move the axle bach or forward in your wheel well.

have you ever dont suspension before? god that was a stupid response you had. then the one a few post later about deflection. the adjustable doesnt help defletion. ANY lca helps deflection.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Big_Bird_WS6

first if BMR does send them already set at the stock lenght then BMR sucks as a company( i am pretty sure they come set)

second if you want the same lenght as the stocker, then buy the non adjustalbe ones.

third the point of the adjustable is so you can move the axle bach or forward in your wheel well.

have you ever dont suspension before? god that was a stupid response you had. then the one a few post later about deflection. the adjustable doesnt help defletion. ANY lca helps deflection.
what a ********.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i can see by your post count you are new here or not really active but if you havent noticed this is a tech website its here for people to ask question and learn about theses car so shut the **** up with your bull **** response, if he doesnt know its not his fault but hes asking question and learning which makes him a better person then you for being a dick, if you dont have anything informative or postitve to say dont say it...no one asked you to read the whole thread and comment.

and why would BMR sell them already adjusted, different people have different adjustment so it would be pointless for them to waist time to adjust them and then have the customer change the length anyways, if you dont want to adjust them then buy the NON-adjustible ones because you cant turn a wrench and read a tape measure to correctly install the adjustible ones
Old 04-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Launching!

You WANT to measure your stock LCAs for a starting point.

Way to be not only be an ***, but look like one too.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by candidate zero
You WANT to measure your stock LCAs for a starting point.

Way to be not only be an ***, but look like one too.
BMR should have them set to 19 1/4 inch. that is stock lenght. i have done this many times.

hey witry do you read.

on this post matter info. the guy i commented on has almost 3K post. and his quote that i used wasnt a question. it was a comment. if he is going to make a comment. make it make sense.

call me a dick head. sorry, i'm not sorry. i feel that his information needed fixed. it was wrong. isnt that the point of the "Tech" forum? yeah i probly went around it the wrong way. but i saw a 2900 post member and he was giving out bad info. so i fixed it (yes in a rude way. i am sorry i was rude. bad day. but not sorry for fixing it)

and why does the post number matter? just cause my number of post are low doesnt mean i dont know my ****. i do. these cars and there suspension is second nature. so if i had 5k post next to it does that make me a smarter member. no. hell sam strano could make a new account and have 5 post and still be suspension god. (now i am not saying i am as good as sam)

so let me say this to finish up.

First,
I am sorry for responding like a dick.

Second,
stock lenght is 19 1/4" for hole to hole. the non adjustable and adjustable should be sat to that when you get them. if not that is stupid.

Third,
the point of the Adjustable is to center the wheel in the wheel well.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok everyone just relax, take a deep breath and realize each person is trying to help. There is no need for personal attacks in this thread or on this forum.

Thanks,

You friendly neighborhood moderator.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He said he wants lower control arms. Everyone advised him to get adjustable ones (good advice) whether he needs them now or not. If he has a stock height car with stock suspension then he doesn't really need to adjust them and he was just confused on what to do with them.

Last edited by Major_Lee_Slow; 05-04-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Launching!

wow there is alot of... testosterone in here... i guess if i jsut tell yall wat i ended up gettn the negativity will lighten up... lol.. after talkin to alot of people for hours i ended up gettn some BMR LCA's and BMR 1.25'' lowering springs... I heard you need relocation brackets if you have lowering spring so i ordered some UMI bolt on relocation brackets... That a good setup and lowering height? next will be a torque arm? good next step or do i need to do something else before i get the torque arm?
Old 05-04-2009, 11:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's never a bad time to get a new torque arm.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Launching!

lol.. ok.. thats what i will def get... adjustable or non adjustable...? why would you wanna adjust it.. i though all a torque arm was it took the stress of you tranney? i am prob way wrong though lol

Quick Reply: BMR LCA's and Torque Arm