Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Car not level

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 08:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Manic Mechanic
What else? Mismatched end-link lengths, twisted frame, or bent control arm. I speculate it's going to be the sway-bar. A little bit on the bar equals a lot more on the suspension travel. You could find another bar (I have a red powdercoat WS6 one to sell wouldn't you know) or purposely shorten the oposite endlink spacer (or vise versa) to make your tweaked bar attach level. Unless that bar has been on a major collision car in the past it's most likely it was formed wrong. You wouldn't have bent it in normal use.

Vernon
We have a winner! After double and triple checking the bat making sure that it wasnt bent, and making sure i tightened the endlinks the same on both sides, and making sure that the mounting locations for the bar on the chassis were not off, and making sure the a-arm wasnt bent, I desided to check the simplest thing last and low and behold....the endlink colors were different sizes . Thanks to everyone for the help...dont think i would have figured it out on my own.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Lightbulb

Don't you just love a simple fix!
Old 05-18-2009, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

LOL, I've spent several hours trying to figure out what the end-link colors are, and why color would relate to size. It just hit me, it's colars. I hate being so logical and dyslexic at the same time.

I'm glad you found it and I could help by the way.

Vernon

Last edited by Manic Mechanic; 05-18-2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:31 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Manic Mechanic
LOL, I've spent several hours trying to figure out what the end-link colors are, and why color would relate to size. It just hit me, it's colars. I hate being so logical and dyslexic at the same time.

I'm glad you found it and I could help by the way.

Vernon
Opps.

Quick Reply: Car not level