Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Follow up to locked thread got the KYB GR2's installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Follow up to locked thread got the KYB GR2's installed

Heres the locked thread that I would have followed up in hadnt it been locked - https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...able-ride.html
Alright so after alot of recommendations and not much funds at the moment I went with the KYB GR2's instead of the recommended bilsteins and Konis. I got all 4 for $160. First let me say that the backs were easy of course. The fronts,well, they were a pain in the ***!!
My car has 170,000 miles on it and the shocks were the original decarbons. The nut on the top of the shocks were not even a nut anymore. I ended up having to cut both of the shocks in half to get them off. I learned the hard way that the easiest way to install the front shocks is to take the upper control arm off.
Okay so after a pretty good test drive I have to say Im very pleased with these shocks. Now keep in mind my mileage and the fact that it had original shocks. The car rides, and handles like new. I think they were worth the money I spent. Best of all, no squeaks like I had before.
I also threw in an LS1 driveshaft while I was under there and that took care of some vibrations I had at about 60 MPH. After that the car felt even better so all in all, Im very pleased and the car runs and feels great!
Old 05-24-2009, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear... glad you found a fix that works for you

Quick Reply: Follow up to locked thread got the KYB GR2's installed