Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
View Poll Results: Edelbrock or Koni/1LE for front?
Edelbrock (Why?)
0%
Koni/1LE springs on lower perch (Why?)
100.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Front: Edelbrock or Koni/1LE?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 08:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Front: Edelbrock or Koni/1LE?

I guess my original post was too long. I need new front shocks and maybe springs.

• What's the difference between front Edelbrock and Koni SA front shocks? On the road course and on the street during daily driving? I drive my car hard and on rutted roads.
  • Would the Edelbrock coilover setup with 1LE springs work better than Koni SA with 1LE springs on lower perch?

Last edited by ZexGX; 05-30-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as springs are concerned, I would go with SLP's. They only lower your car .5-.75 of an inch.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:26 PM
12 Second Club

Anybody? What's the difference between Edelbrock and Koni SA front shocks? On the road course and on the street during daily driving?
Old 05-30-2009, 04:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ZexGX
I guess my original post was too long. I need new front shocks and maybe springs.

• What's the difference between front Edelbrock and Koni SA front shocks? On the road course and on the street during daily driving? I drive my car hard and on rutted roads.
  • Would the Edelbrock coilover setup with 1LE springs work better than Koni SA with 1LE springs on lower perch?
I have the IAS shocks on my car, IMO great ride and handling, and I drive on a lot of crappy roads with my 600 lbs.in. front springs.
And I don't autocross my car, but I do drive rather aggressively and I'm have been really happy with the handling with the IAS shocks.

The 1LE springs will not work with the Edelbrock IAS front spring/shock assembly. You would need 10" 2.5" I.D.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Hyperc...ring,7249.html

I can't comment on the Koni SA's never had them , only the DA's.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:33 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
I have the IAS shocks on my car, IMO great ride and handling, and I drive on a lot of crappy roads with my 600 lbs.in. front springs.
And I don't autocross my car, but I do drive rather aggressively and I'm have been really happy with the handling with the IAS shocks.

The 1LE springs will not work with the Edelbrock IAS front spring/shock assembly. You would need 10" 2.5" I.D.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Hyperc...ring,7249.html

I can't comment on the Koni SA's never had them , only the DA's.
How would you compare the Edelbrocks vs. the DA's? Some guy is selling his Edelbrock fronts with Eibach springs fitted onto them, so I figured 1LE's would fit.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Thumbs up

I didn't care for the DAs on the street at all. They were great for handling but, the ride IMO,was harsh even with the compression dampening on full soft. My understanding is that Koni SAs are a better built, more rounded shock than the DA's. So comparing the DA's to the SA's, then comparing them to the IAS shocks isn't IMO a valid comparison at all. Sorry to say I just can't give you a cut-and-dry answer,and I don't want to steer you wrong.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Koni SA's and love them with my G2 (rated at 550 lbs. IIRC). Very firm but definitely a road handling shock over comfort.

Quick Reply: Front: Edelbrock or Koni/1LE?