Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR lower A-arms and AGX KYB shocks...what needs to be modified?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 07:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default BMR lower A-arms and AGX KYB shocks...what needs to be modified?

I just got a set a of BMR lower A Arms and I am running KYB AGX shocks. It says on BMRs website that they may need slight modifications to work. WHAT kind of modification and where? I am sending the arms off to be chromed and dont want to tear the car down to test fit before I do (unless I just HAVE TO.) And once they are plated I sure as hell dont want to have to grind on them then.

Anybody have a clue what they are talking about?
Old 06-09-2009, 09:24 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
I just got a set a of BMR lower A Arms and I am running KYB AGX shocks. It says on BMRs website that they may need slight modifications to work. WHAT kind of modification and where? I am sending the arms off to be chromed and dont want to tear the car down to test fit before I do (unless I just HAVE TO.) And once they are plated I sure as hell dont want to have to grind on them then.

Anybody have a clue what they are talking about?
Hello, the bushing on the kyb's are bigger than other shocks. You will need to clearance the shock mounting plate in the a arm and also the aluminum spacer. It is about 1/8" on each end. If you have any questions please give me a call.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: BMR lower A-arms and AGX KYB shocks...what needs to be modified?