Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front suspension clunk after shock replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
No it doesn't. But your original isolator is probably fine. Even on mine where I had to cut the shock off the mount the isolator was OK.
I think I remember my isolators being pretty screwed up... might have to get those as well. While im in there ill probably go ahead and replace the outer tie rods and upper/lower ball joints... I dont think the inner tie rods get beat up to much so those should be ok.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:04 PM

Thumbs up strut mount

so did the strut mount take care of the prob just ran into the same noise that was not there before just put new struts and noise is there took it off twice thinking I could have fck up somewhere but no everything good breaking my head but for sure its hitting on top on drivers side and after checking it out on the 2nd time can see where the strut bolt on top is hitting the weld cover on top of strut thanks.
Old 02-09-2014, 05:10 PM

Thumbs up strut mount

just ran into the same prob put new struts and this sound from nowhere came out took it off twice just in case I missed something but everything looks good except the driverside strut bolt seems to be rubbing with top strut weld factory cover any help thanks
Old 02-09-2014, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
Not the ball joint. Not the control arm bushings. Everything is torqued down, and triple checked.

I found that the top of the new shock is tapping the top of the fender well! I think the shock mount on that side is bad, letting the shaft push up too far. Passenger side mount is new (it tore coming apart) and it doesn't do that.

Going to go pick up the new mount

Inner tie rod end is bad on the driver side, I get movement wiggling the wheel at 9-3 and the tie rod visibly moves. How hard is it to replace inner tie rod ends?
just ran into the same prob put new struts and this sound from nowhere came out took it off twice just in case I missed something but everything looks good except the driverside strut bolt seems to be rubbing with top strut weld factory cover any help thanks
Old 10-30-2014, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Was the strut mount your problem

Quick Reply: Front suspension clunk after shock replacement