Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

'95 formula: UMI T/A vs. y-pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 01:43 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '95 formula: UMI T/A vs. y-pipe

I just attempted to install my #2202 UMI torque arm on my '95 formula with Hooker LT's, Hooker y-pipe, and well, hooker cat-back too.

the crossmember is intefering with the y-pipe severely, almost like it needs an extra 1.5" or so to just sit properly work.

before anyone jumps on here and says I bought the wrong one, the #2202 IS the one with the dipped-down spot on the crossmember to clear "most" aftermarket LT/y-pipe setups.

as anyone else had this problem with their LT1 car? or any car for that matter?
Old 06-15-2009, 07:36 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello
I see that you are having some clearance issues with out tunnel mounted torque arm. To be able to get a better understanding of were the issue is. Would you be able to send a few pics in by chance. And then we would be able to get you going in the right direction.
Thanks Again
Brad
Old 06-15-2009, 09:09 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mighty Whitey
the crossmember is intefering with the y-pipe severely, almost like it needs an extra 1.5" or so to just sit properly work.
Yes #2202 is the correct part # for long tube headers.. it should clear just fine.. we have installed many Hooker set-ups with this set-up. You don't want an extra 1.5" of room or that crossmember will be dragging on the ground if you ever lower the car or it is lowered... this is why we have it where it is. It's at the max for clearance with-out severely reducing ground clearance. The y-pipe usually has some adjusting in it where it can be twisted up higher.

Like Brad mentioned, if you can e-mail us a few pictures to sales@umiperformance.com we can better see what is going on.

Thank you,
Ryan

Quick Reply: '95 formula: UMI T/A vs. y-pipe