Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Grrrrr caint hook " need advice "

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009 | 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

Default Grrrrr caint hook " need advice "

well guys my mods are in my signature.... Seems now after I have tinkered with the rear end I caint get the car to hook for ****.. Before on stock suspension stock 10 bolt with 3.42 gears the car hooked solide with the 26 10 M/T et slick.... Now that I have put 9" under 4.11 gear full spool... torque arm, lower control arms, and relocation brackets, panhard bar, and BMR extreme anti roll bar on car It will not dead hook... I couldnt hook it on the et slick, I tried running a M/T et street 28 11.50 this past weekend and it just blows them off.... I dont know what the problem seems to be... any advice or anything would be great! By the way im leaving anywere from 4500 to 5200 also leaving on the full kit 150 shot.... The car cut a 1.46 60ft time with stock 10 bolt and stock suspension............

HELP ME please lol
Old 06-15-2009 | 11:53 AM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up A suggestion for you!

Hello
Sounds like a weight transfer problem! What type of spring and shock combo are you using? Might want to look into a 275 or 300lb front spring and a set of adjustable shock. Below is a link to show you what all UMI Performance has to offer.

http://umiperformance.com/page.php?page=genfbodyshocks

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-15-2009 | 11:57 AM
10 Second Club

any advice or links to what I need in like a package... still on stock springs, struts etc......
Old 06-15-2009 | 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by domestic disturbance
well guys my mods are in my signature.... Seems now after I have tinkered with the rear end I caint get the car to hook for ****.. Before on stock suspension stock 10 bolt with 3.42 gears the car hooked solide with the 26 10 M/T et slick.... Now that I have put 9" under 4.11 gear full spool... torque arm, lower control arms, and relocation brackets, panhard bar, and BMR extreme anti roll bar on car It will not dead hook... I couldnt hook it on the et slick, I tried running a M/T et street 28 11.50 this past weekend and it just blows them off.... I dont know what the problem seems to be... any advice or anything would be great! By the way im leaving anywere from 4500 to 5200 also leaving on the full kit 150 shot.... The car cut a 1.46 60ft time with stock 10 bolt and stock suspension............

HELP ME please lol
Sounds like you have most of the right equipment....give me call here at the office and I am sure we can get you going the right direction
Old 06-15-2009 | 01:13 PM
FormerVendor

Thumbs up Another Suggestion for you!

any advice or links to what I need in like a package... still on stock springs, struts etc......
I would suggest going with a set of front coil overs in the front. And seeing how you are using a aftermarket rear I would suggest staying with the factory rear spring and go with a adjustable rear shock. Unfortunately there is now kits. Below is a link to show you what type of coil overs UMI Performance has to offer!

http://umiperformance.com/products.php?category_id=118

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-15-2009 | 02:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Assuming he has stock springs and suspension, do you really think that those 275 lb springs are going to dramatically change his launch? I mean he changed a ton of parts.. anywhere along that way it's possible he may have something set improperly.

I'm pretty sure that you gotta adjust your input when you go to a higher gear like 4.10. People who have gears at my races say that I should stick with my 3.42's because with my 400 hp I'll be all messed up with my launches.

I've heard the torque arm pinion angle can make your launches worse depending on what it's set to.

I'm no drag expert.. but I figured I'd toss ideas out there. You hooked well on stock springs and then changed a ton of parts but left in stock springs and didn't hook well. Seems hard to believe that going from 293 lb springs to 275 is the solution to the problem when you did fine with stock springs originally.
Old 06-15-2009 | 04:14 PM
10 Second Club

thanks so far guys for the input!
Old 06-15-2009 | 09:29 PM
12 Second Club

Ditch the relocation brackets if your on the stock springs and set your pinion angle -1.
Old 06-16-2009 | 07:24 AM
FormerVendor

No Problem! If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help!
Thanks
Brad
Old 06-16-2009 | 08:16 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Like Lee said you have the right parts to get the job done. Give us a call here at the office and we can get you headed in the right direction. A few minor adjustmensts and you will get the results your looking for. Our tech dept is open till 6pm est mon-fri.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: Grrrrr caint hook " need advice "