Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Custom routed brake lines?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 07:23 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Custom routed brake lines?

Has any one routed their own hard brake lines?

I'm looking for pictures (Brake line path) and any problems or issues that came up while you were in the process. I have two weeks before the car goes to get the cage so I figure I can get the brakes all plumbed up before then.

Pictures and advice is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,

~Jim~
Old 06-16-2009, 03:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I re-routed the front brake lines out of the K-Member so that I didn't have to breach teh brake lines to remove the engine from the bottom.

I routed the line forward, tee-ed off at the DS tower and then went forward and down to the lower core support and back up to the PS tower. At the tower, I drilled a hole and welded in a bulkhead with -3 AN on the inside of the fender well. Then used a -3 24" SS brake line to the caliper.

I ran a hard line to the firewall and welded in a bulkhead and then ran a brake line to the prop valve next to the driver seat and then from the prop valve to another bulkhead next to the electrical connection on the rear bulkhead.

I also converted everything from metric to off-the-shelf 3/16" so taht replacement lines are easily replaced.

HTH
Old 06-16-2009, 03:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of that would you?

I already have braided lines but I'd like to convert from metric to standard for all the hard lines.

~Jim~