Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rear end cover hitting panhard rod bar!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 11:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default rear end cover hitting panhard rod bar!

I took the Moser 12 bolt out of my 00 car I sold. I picked up a 99 that had been slightly hit in the front right corner. Didnt pop the bags or anything and was a fairly easy fix. Anyways I put the 12 bolt in my 99 and drove down the driveway. Every little bump was BAM BAM pretty loud. So I go back and back up onto some ramps and the only thing I could tell was the rear diff cover was hitting the upper panhard. It has the perf. cover if that matters.

Any ideas on what it is? The rear has lca relo. brackets welded in that were setup for my non adj. umi lca's on the other car. This car still has stock ones. I need to get under there again and inspect a little better. Just got the car back from paint. Any ideas on what to look for? I know how what they say about the ripple effect of cars in an accident but the body panels all line up perfectly throughout the whole car. If that were the problem I would suspect sometype of mis alighnment. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-19-2009, 11:35 PM
12 Second Club

all suspension is stock other than springs. in between the tire and the back of the fender on the passenger i can fit 2 fingers and the other side i get 3. So its not in the car straight. What could cause that?
Old 06-20-2009, 07:45 AM
ss1
TECH Fanatic

Is it the cover that is hitting or the load bolts?

It's a fairly common problem from what I've heard, although the rear is out of my car now and I never noticed before I pulled it out.

You may need to get a set of adjustable rear lower control arms to move the rear ahead slightly. A couple other options are notching the upper panard brace, or buy a panard bar relocation brace from UMI or BMR which will offer more clearance.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:53 AM
12 Second Club

yea i was gonna get some adj. lca's to start out with. Thats the only thing different is I went back to stock control arms.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If the weld on relocation brackets are slightly off from side to side this would cause the rear end to sit off center like you are seeing. A set of adjustable control arms would fix that easily.. not sure if this is the cause of the upper PHB hitting or not. Is the car lowered in the rear?
Old 06-20-2009, 08:55 PM
12 Second Club

yes. car is lowered front and back. Im going to go get a front end alighnment soon since it needs it and ill have them see if they notice anything out of the ordinary.

Quick Reply: rear end cover hitting panhard rod bar!