Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

My Bushings are failing

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 08:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Bushings are failing

My front suspension bushings are all going bad. I changed the uppper a arms because the bushings were so shot that the wheel would move left to right with ease with wheels off the ground. As soon as the Aarm was removed the bushings fell through the holes! The lower a arms also have significant rubber loss on the bushings(bare metal)! The lca(rear) were replaced for the same issue.The car is a 2001 camaro ss and has 83k on it
Old 06-21-2009, 03:05 AM
TECH Regular

Hello ,

I think you don't have to waste your money and time for OEM bushings that cannot go with high performance cars or bad weather conditions ( more heat , more cold and more rains will damage stock and OEM bushings )

You have the choice to pick Energy Suspension or Prothane Bushings kit

Here is the hyper-flex Energy Suspension full kit ( all required bushings " for more details see summit ) and it comes with red and black color
http://www.byunspeed.com/product_inf...ducts_id=11794

and here is Prothane full bushing kit and it also comes with red and black
http://www.byunspeed.com/product_inf...ducts_id=12802
Old 06-21-2009, 08:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

poly front control arm bushings is a bad idea. they wont last as long they cold flow then you have front end tracking problems then you get pissed off when they cant aline your car anymore. save you a headach just get the rubber replacement. trust me ive had both on my 94.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Regular

Ive replaced the whole upper a arm unit with a umi unit that I believe comes with poly instead of rubber.I hope I wont run into any problems with them.