Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009 | 04:14 PM
TECH Addict

SUBFRAME CONNECTORS should be #1
Old 06-26-2009 | 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...eal-world.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...up-review.html

These two stickies are excellent resources for those who are "desiring newer performance though suspension modification." Driving technique is also critical to this as well.

It was mention earlier that finances are extremely limited, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. Money became tight for me after blowing lots of money on mods that didn't do s**t in the "real world" or actually downgraded the performance of the vehicle. That experienced forced me to go back and do much more research on what mods improve performance, downgrade performance, and those that were just simple "placebo" mods.

With all of that stated, properly designed shocks are indeed the first mod for a "street performance" vehicle.
Old 06-29-2009 | 05:08 PM
TECH Addict
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by pjb
you asked what should be first mod,
the answer is shocks.
case closed.
A-*******-men. My modest Bilsteins did more for my car than every other piece combined. I am an idiot for not doing shocks first, and if you don't, so are you. I am a bit more of an idiot for not nutting up for the Konis.

Have fun!
Old 06-29-2009 | 06:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RiceEaterZ
well Ive got some BMR LCA's to put in and am wondering what my other First suspension mod should be for best effect, yea its the second one technically w/e..Car is 02 Z, Cam/Bolt ons m6, Should I do a panhard bar, torque arm, or rear sway bar to compliment the lca's?

Thanks in advance.

R.E.Z.
well to get you off in the right foot, since you have BMR LCA's you might as well finish the rear with PHB, and relocation kits if you plan on lowering it. then move to the front as that is more costly. everyone is going to tell you to go with one company over the other, but in the end its your choosing and preference. I keep to one sponsor and not try to mix and match but thats just me

As for me I chose UMI for the entire suspension and everything is/will be adjustable. shocks Koni's 4/4 which Ill be ordering tonight or early tomorrow...end of sale I currently have Dbl Adj PHB and LCA's and I love them. I centered my rear up, since it was sticking out to much on the driver side. but anyways good luck on your decision

Quick Reply: 1st suspension mod?