Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Switching over to Stainless braided brake lines?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Switching over to Stainless braided brake lines?

Hey guys, I am pulling the ABS out of the car and going with SJM's ABS delete/LL kit. I noticed that they also sell a set of stainless braided brake lines. Have any of you guys gone this route? What's the benefit? Pedal feel? Also, do you guys have any pics of the swap?

Thanks
Old 06-29-2009, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run stainless braided lines, but only in the front. I did notice a stiffer peddle. I don't run them in the rear because these cars have way too much rear brake and the compliance in the rubber helps to dampen my "too fast" on the brake habit.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Major_Lee_Slow
I run stainless braided lines, but only in the front. I did notice a stiffer peddle. I don't run them in the rear because these cars have way too much rear brake and the compliance in the rubber helps to dampen my "too fast" on the brake habit.
Cool, thanks man.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ran braided lines from my master to my linelock and then from my master to my adj. prop. valve.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just swapped out my old lines for new braided ones and it has a great feel. Granted I put on new pads and rotors also but it feels way better now. Just as a comparison I have done pads and rotors before and didn't notice this difference until I put the new lines with them.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our kits replace not only the caliper lines, but also the lines leading to the rear end. Depending on your configuration, this means you're replacing 5 or 6 rubber lines for braided lines.

It's as simple as removing the rubber lines and replacing them with braided lines. When deleting ABS, now would be the best time to change-over since the brake system is open anyways and the whole system needs bled.

The LS1 Camaro, being a mininum of 7 years old, replacing these lines can increase braking response. It's also good insurance for replacing old parts that can/do leak...
Old 06-30-2009, 03:00 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Our kits replace not only the caliper lines, but also the lines leading to the rear end. Depending on your configuration, this means you're replacing 5 or 6 rubber lines for braided lines.

It's as simple as removing the rubber lines and replacing them with braided lines. When deleting ABS, now would be the best time to change-over since the brake system is open anyways and the whole system needs bled.

The LS1 Camaro, being a mininum of 7 years old, replacing these lines can increase braking response. It's also good insurance for replacing old parts that can/do leak...
Awesome. Thank you. I will switch them over.

Quick Reply: Switching over to Stainless braided brake lines?