Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LCA and PHB

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009 | 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Default LCA and PHB

alright so i just ordered umi singles of both of these and i put them in took like 45mins and i took it out and just my luck, my gears whine and it vibrates at 60+mph soo.. im guessing i put them in not at the proper length. the problem is i have no way to measure the pinion angle to see where i went wrong. so what i want to know ( and feel free to tell me im dumb here) does anyone know the measurement for these bolt to bolt on stock for shocks and springs. basically i just layed it next the stock one and measured with a tapemeasure middle of the botd to middle of the bolt to see how long it was and just lined it up and slapped them in. im guessing being lazy is coming back to bite me. so any ideas?

its stock ride height, org lca bracket. i do have larger rims and tires but i didnt figure that would matter they arent that big.
Old 07-02-2009 | 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

You already know what you need to do; just do it!
Old 07-04-2009 | 07:23 AM
TECH Veteran

Get two longer bolts for the LCAs at a hardware store. Put them through the holes in the stock LCA, then lay the LCA on it's side. Take the new LCAs, one at a time and lay them on the bolts, adjusting their length until they slip over the bolts.....