Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

end link length?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default end link length?

does it matter how long the front endlinks are on the sway bar? i have seen a few that are fairly short. just seeing if that might tighten up the suspension a bit?
Old 07-08-2009, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ideally you want the sway bar arms to be parallel to the ground. if the vehicle is lowered then the endlinks need to be shorter. HOWEVER if you go too short then the links are actuated all too much of an angle during hard corning and single wheel bump events which will lead to premature wear. So it's a compromise.

The stock length is 100 mm on center and I wouldn't recommend going much shorter than 90 mm on center.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:40 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Major_Lee_Slow
Ideally you want the sway bar arms to be parallel to the ground. if the vehicle is lowered then the endlinks need to be shorter. HOWEVER if you go too short then the links are actuated all too much of an angle during hard corning and single wheel bump events which will lead to premature wear. So it's a compromise.

The stock length is 100 mm on center and I wouldn't recommend going much shorter than 90 mm on center.
ok so there is some method behind the madness. just wondered why i had seen some that were shorter. mine are still stock length and my car is lowered quite a bit. everything i have suspension wise is gearded towards going in a straight line so i want to try and tighten it up a hair without loosing much if any in a straight line.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If your car's geared towards straight line performance, why not just remove the whole front sway bar assembly, that would drop some decent weight.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:25 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
If your car's geared towards straight line performance, why not just remove the whole front sway bar assembly, that would drop some decent weight.
it is. but i want to get a little of the handling back. it rolls pretty good in the corners.