Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Relocation brackets

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Relocation brackets

so we installed my relocation brackets and i put them on the lower hole and now my diff is not centered approx 2"in back of tire,3" in front about a 1/2"to far back,i will change it to the upper setting but i'm heading to TO on sat and don't have the time to change it unless i have to.I have already been to NJ,with no problem but i'm wondering if there are any consequences.There's no vibration and there doesn't seem to be any problems.thanks
Old 07-31-2009, 10:11 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

do you have adjustable LCA's? if so just retract them in.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

they r adj.but i'm at the limit on the bottom hole when i go to the other hole i will have adjustability,basically i'm procrastinating and just wondering if i'm hurting it
Old 07-31-2009, 10:31 AM
TECH Addict

i've been driving with mine like that for a few months. lca's as short as they can go, still a tad too far back.

supposedly it's an installation error, i know UMI will walk your through the installation process and let you know exactly how to do it so it doesn't shift back but it sounds exactly like i installed them and it still happened. i'll probably unbolt em and retry again sometime.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:49 PM
On The Tree

do u have relocation brkts?when i didn't have them i had adjustments,but when i installed the relocation brkts on the lower hole,i had nop adjustment left and i was about 1/2 off.next week i'll put them on the upper hole and then i shud be able to adjust.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just put in the drivers side UMI relocation bracket, I also put in a adjustable LCA from UMI and it went right in... the only problem i'm having is the brake bracket needed to be bent...now the bracket is causing the brake line to the wrong place??? I read some where a while ago someone makes a new brake bracket when installing LCA relocation brackets.
I was told to loosen the sway bar and TA bolts and do one side at a time...seems to have worked because the bolt holes all lined up.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:46 PM
TECH Addict

interesting, never heard anything about loosening the sway bar and TA bolts. i just cut the brake bracket thingy in half. only needs one side bolted on to stay in place.

and yeah when i installed the relocation brackets i had to set the LCA's as short as they could go. can't adjust them any shorter.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
interesting, never heard anything about loosening the sway bar and TA bolts. i just cut the brake bracket thingy in half. only needs one side bolted on to stay in place.

and yeah when i installed the relocation brackets i had to set the LCA's as short as they could go. can't adjust them any shorter.
i just cut my bracket in half also and nothing else but do you have a 2nd hole in you relocation brkt,the way it looks to me is if i place them in the upper hole i'll have some adjustment,anyways i'm heading out 2morrow and when i get back i'll change the position to the upper 1 and see what happens
Old 07-31-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

yes i have two. wasn't satisfied with traction off the line in the middle hole though so i went with the bottom even though now my wheels sit a tad too far back.

before i had adjustable lca's i couldn't use the bottom hole at all. my driver side spring would scrape the upper phb. this thread is making me want to go redo it haha.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Did you take the brackets off to cut them? I can't take the line out closes to front of the tire with out unscrewing the line from the brake...is there a better way to do it...will i lose brake fluid taking the line out?

Like i mentioned above, i loosened the sway bar end links and bushings, also the TA connected to the differential, car is on jack stands with rear end hanging...then jacked up the rearend on the side i'm working on until the bottom shock bolt slid out by hand. Put in the relocation bracket, took out the LCA and put the UMI adjustable back in it's place...holes lined right up. Now i need to do the passanger side.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

i didn't take them off to cut them, just took a sawzall to em under the car
Old 08-02-2009, 03:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by therealcreeper
i didn't take them off to cut them, just took a sawzall to em under the car
both on

Thanks for the reply... i ended up buying a dremmel it worked pretty slick.
I put on the passenger side and took the car for a ride....seems to ride better? I just put in new 3:73 gears so i can't get on it until i break them in to see if traction is better.

Quick Reply: Relocation brackets