Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Just had the car aligned, now it's hard to turn right?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just had the car aligned, now it's hard to turn right?

I just had the car aligned after installing a new rack and lowering the car. The tech did it with me sitting in the car, which I thought was weird. Anyways, after the alignment, the steering is real heavy and it's difficult to turn right. I also notice that the car pulls left a good bit.

Here are my specs:

Front L/R
Camber -1.1/-1.4
Caster 4.2/4.7
Tow .09/.03

Rear L/R
Camber -.1/-.2
Tow .13/-.11

I think I'm going to take it back to them tomorrow and see if they can't fix it. What should my specs be at?
Old 08-23-2009, 12:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is this a street driven car? If so, I would suggest:

camber..... "zero" to -.5, symmetrical to both sides;
caster...... 4.5 degrees, left side; 5 degrees, right side;
toe.......... .04 degrees, symmetrical to both sides.
Old 08-23-2009, 12:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

you need LCA Relocation brackets and an adjustable PHB if youre going to lower the car as it will help eliminate wheel hop.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

car pulls cause of the caster/camber. you need to have them very close to each other. like what leadfoot said
Old 08-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

caster and split don't look too bad it helps it track straight when the road is crowned and you could even use a littly more if you could get it, camber could probably be evened out and reduced slightly for the street, but looks like the toe definately needs to be adjusted. Toe doesn't usually make it track off to one side too much, but if it's uneven from side to side with big tires, I guess it could. By the way, setting the alignment with you in the car is kind of a "custom" thing for performance car owners. It will more accurately simulate how the car goes down the road and would have been a nice touch if you weren't having problems now. Good luck!
Old 08-24-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IN10SS
caster and split don't look too bad it helps it track straight when the road is crowned and you could even use a littly more if you could get it, camber could probably be evened out and reduced slightly for the street, but looks like the toe definately needs to be adjusted. Toe doesn't usually make it track off to one side too much, but if it's uneven from side to side with big tires, I guess it could. By the way, setting the alignment with you in the car is kind of a "custom" thing for performance car owners. It will more accurately simulate how the car goes down the road and would have been a nice touch if you weren't having problems now. Good luck!
That's for sure!
Old 08-24-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the responses. I got it adjusted on Saturday and it drives much better. The steering is much lighter again. I didn't get a print-out this time, but the guy did adjust the camber to near 0. The car drives great now.

BTW, I love the new Strano springs. The car rides awesome.

Quick Reply: Just had the car aligned, now it's hard to turn right?