Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Did the 99 Camaro SS come with BIlstein shocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 06:19 PM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Did the 99 Camaro SS come with BIlstein shocks

What shocks did the 99 Camaro SS come with?

Last edited by 99-LS1-SS; 12-04-2003 at 06:25 PM.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

It depends...... You could have SLP Bilsteins, which are yellow with blue boots (BTW, those are *not* to be confused with Bilstein HD's or Revalved Bilstein's). The damping is VERY different on each of them.... Or you could have DeCarbon's (orange with black boots).

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-05-2003, 02:51 PM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the blue and yellow. Do those suck?
Old 12-05-2003, 03:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Do they suck? Quality wise, no. I don't like the damping in them, they are actually softer on compression than a normal Bilstein HD is.

I don't particularly like them, though I think they are a touch better than the DeCarbon's. However, we've changed a lot of the out for other things like Koni or Bilstein's I revalve for a certain use. Every time the customer has reported improvements. FWIW. Here's a comment from my website from a customer who had the SLP's on his SS and switched to Koni's:

"Koni's on SS/Thanks Sam!
John L 11/12/2002-11:07am
Hi Sam,

I talked to you last week after I installed the SA Koni's on the front of my 02 SS. I put the 35 MM front bar back on as you recommened. I autoxed it Sunday and it was awesome. The turn in and rotation was excellent. The course had some tight turnarounds and some sweepers which were no problem with this setup. The shock change did exactly what you said it would. Sam, thanks alot, you are the man when comes to car setup. I'll be ordering a T2R soon."

And my response: " I'm glad it's working like I felt it would. I bet you thought I was a little nuts before based on what you saw with that bar and the SLP Bilstein's.... I'm still trying to figure out what their thought process was in the valving. It's not a performance part, we can see that by the improvement the Koni's made to your car..... ".

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!

Quick Reply: Did the 99 Camaro SS come with BIlstein shocks