Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How to and how not to lift the front wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 11:05 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How to and how not to lift the front wheels?

I was wondering what part of the suspension and/or chassis keeps the car from lifting the front wheels or causes them to lift when drag racing. Is there a part you can get on your car or change that will allow you to adjust something like this? Basically just for fun can I have my car do wheel stands but tie it back down when I want to do some better track times? Assuming of course the power and traction is avaliable.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

umm lca's, adujustable torque arm, qa1's, slicks, skinnies, cluth or verter, and horsepower is how u pop a wheelstand. popping wheelstands isnt exactly for fun, and if your popping wheelstands that means ur goin fast so in other words keepin the fronts on the ground at the track isnt the best thing for good et's.

For example:
my good friend has a 500 rwhp more performance fully forged 383 but its sitting on a full global west autocross/roadrace suspension. Quarter mile time? best of 13.2, yes he can drive well-there is no weight transfer which means he just burns out half way down the track with slicks. A strong suspension with good weight transfer to the rear. he can pile throught the twisties though.