Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Camber adjustment kit/bolts

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber adjustment kit/bolts

Does anyone make camber adjusters for f-bodys? I never hear anyone speak of them. I'm sure it's required on lowered cars. I just got my G2 kit and I want to get it on.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:10 PM
12 Second Club

Strano performance. He just stopped stocking them-unless he gets an order of at least 5.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There's usually enough adjustment in the lower control arm slots (in the front, I assume you mean) to accomodate a 1.5-1.7" drop, and still get the camber close to the "0"-(-).5 degree range. If you run out of travel, you can carefully elongate the slots another 1/8-3/16" with a Dremel tool and cutting tool or an air powered die grinder, if you have access to one.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

I will make another run of offset bushings if I get enough orders. I need 5, I have 2 and I think a 3rd pending....

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-07-2009, 03:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I will make another run of offset bushings if I get enough orders. I need 5, I have 2 and I think a 3rd pending....
If these will work with the G2 kit then I'm in... so that's 3 and a 4th pending.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Are these a preset degree of change or adjustable? How much for a set?
(I checked the website but didnt see anything about them)
Old 11-09-2009, 10:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by bigblueturtle
If these will work with the G2 kit then I'm in... so that's 3 and a 4th pending.
These are upper control arm bushings, not camber bolts (they only work on struts cars, 4th gens use shocks on the front).

You put these in the upper arms, they offset the arm either more outward (less negative, more positive camber), or inward (more negative, less positive camber) depending on which direction you install them.

So, as long as you have stock GM arms, they work.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-09-2009, 11:06 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by mikedamageinc
Are these a preset degree of change or adjustable? How much for a set?
(I checked the website but didnt see anything about them)
They are $127.20/set. One set does both sides.

You still have your stock camber/caster adjustment in place. These just allow the range of alignment to change. Let's say you lowered the car, can't get less than -1.2 camber, but you want to me be more like stock---say, -.5 degrees but you can't get there because you have used all the adjustment up already trying to get there. You put these in and the range changes more toward the positive then you use your stock adjustment on bottom to dial it in.

Old 01-23-2010, 01:48 PM

how do i order these for my car?
Old 01-23-2010, 02:08 PM

how well do these work?
Old 01-24-2010, 09:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by vfromthemeda
how well do these work?
If you can't get enough adjustment from the lower a-arms, due to excessive lowering, these off-set bushings will allow you to make adjustments to the upper a-arms also, in order to set your camber/caster.

A word of caution....Given the amount of discussion on this forum about front end alignment and alignment "misadventures", I would suggest that you only consider using these off-set bushings if, and only if you have a completely and totally knowledgeable front end man who can align your car afterward.

The "average" front end tech, based on the discussions here, has more than enough trouble aligning a 4th gen car with just the lower a-arm adjustments. Adding in the ability to move the upper a-arm around will most likely confound them!!

(This is NOT, in any way, shape or form, a knock on Sam or his parts! He is making a specific part for a specific purpose, and most "daily driver" repair shops don't know how to work with these types of components)
Old 01-24-2010, 08:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

First of all the Offset bushings are on my website and available:
http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=96&ModelID=7

Second off all, these are static bushings. They install one of two ways. One way allows you to get rid of excess negative camber, the other gets you more negative camber (for turning corners). Once installed in the upper arms, that's it... you simply adjust the camber on the lower arm just like any other car. Can't get much more simple. The Offset Bushings simply move your range of adjustment more positive or more negative.

I whole-heartedly disagree that you need any sort of rocket scientist to align the car because you are just using GM adjustments. You should always have a guy with a clue do your work anyway, these don't change that.

How do they work? Great. They fit the stock GM upper arms (lighter than aftermarket adjustable arms too). And they are durable. Never broken a set including running them on my car on PA roads and winning a few SCCA National Championships on way bigger and stickier tires than most anyone here will ever have, while pulling more g's).

And..... I have a few sets in stock ready to ship.

Last edited by Sam Strano; 01-24-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

so these will work on my 1999 ss with eibach sportlines..after lowering this car has alot of neg. camber.
Thanks.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:43 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

They work in any 1993-2002 with stock GM upper arms....

Old 01-25-2010, 06:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
If you can't get enough adjustment from the lower a-arms, due to excessive lowering, these off-set bushings will allow you to make adjustments to the upper a-arms also, in order to set your camber/caster.

A word of caution....Given the amount of discussion on this forum about front end alignment and alignment "misadventures", I would suggest that you only consider using these off-set bushings if, and only if you have a completely and totally knowledgeable front end man who can align your car afterward.

The "average" front end tech, based on the discussions here, has more than enough trouble aligning a 4th gen car with just the lower a-arm adjustments. Adding in the ability to move the upper a-arm around will most likely confound them!!

(This is NOT, in any way, shape or form, a knock on Sam or his parts! He is making a specific part for a specific purpose, and most "daily driver" repair shops don't know how to work with these types of components)

I want to make a addition/correction to this message that I posted earlier.

I help a number of my friends with their cars, and because of this, I keep a lot of different vendor catalogs on hand. A couple of these catalogs show different parts for making "camber corrections" on cars that have been lowered quite a bit. Some of these parts are bushings that have an offset "inner sleeve" that can "rotate" within the outer shell, then tightened in place, and this allows variable camber changes to be made.

Sam's bushings are not of this design. His, based on what he has communicated to me, have a fixed amount of offset built in, and based on how you "clock" them in the a-arm, you either increase the camber by a fixed amount or decrease it a fixed amount.

I apologize if this has caused any confusion.....

Quick Reply: Camber adjustment kit/bolts