Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI rear susp pkg

Old 11-07-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default UMI rear susp pkg

after recovering from a pinched nerve i was able to put my new UMI phb and lcas on today. i must say they made a dramatic improvement. before when i would hammer the gas my car would fish tail the the right, but not any more. i do wish i would have gotten the adjustable setup, but i'm still happy with the non-adj.

so what should i do next? the torque arm/drive shaft loop package, or sway bars?
Old 11-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Dom
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Torque arm with relocation brace to get it off the tailshaft. Sway bars are definitely helpful to dial in your suspension. Look at Sam Strano's sway bars. They are 35/22.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yep they are very nice pieces.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

sounds good i'm likin the umi myself only need adjustable if you goin just trackin stuff in the biggest slicks u can get
Old 11-08-2009, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

all my suspension is UMI DA QA1 rodlinks and everything looks bad ***. Im still installing everything and getting it ready to crank it up. I hope i will be just as pleased as you are.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...t-old-new.html
Old 11-08-2009, 10:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

well if your goin drag racin you'll have to have the driveshaft loop not everyone will check for it but it has to be there especially with sticky tires
Old 11-08-2009, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

that as well as the k-member, torque arm relocation trans bracket, and the rear drag bar will also be going in
Old 11-09-2009, 07:06 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
Its Great to hear that you are satisfied with our quality and performance! I noticed that you are wondering what to do next. Well depending if you are looking for handling I would suggest the sway bars. And if you are looking for performance I would suggest going with the torque arm to help with weight transfer. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
Old 11-10-2009, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UMI Sales
Hello
Its Great to hear that you are satisfied with our quality and performance! I noticed that you are wondering what to do next. Well depending if you are looking for handling I would suggest the sway bars. And if you are looking for performance I would suggest going with the torque arm to help with weight transfer. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad
thanks fot the input Brad. i kinda want the best of both worlds. i want my car the handle great on the streets as well as the track. that being said, i think i'll go with sway bars first. how would the torque arm affect my street performance?
Old 11-11-2009, 06:51 AM
FormerVendor

Hello
Its not so much how it helps your street performance! It is just that if you go with a adjustable torque arm you will have the fine tuning capabilities by allow you to set your pinion angle. Seeing how it is a street car I would suggest going with a full length arm and get a relocation cross member as well for extra insurance getting the arm off the rear of the transmission. If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UMI rear susp pkg