Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

What's the stock size sway bars on '98 SS.....

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 01:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What's the stock size sway bars on '98 SS.....

.....and what's a good size to upgrade to for handling? Hollow or solid? Thanks.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:34 AM
Teching In

if am not mistaken its 30mm front and 19mm in the rear.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Z28, Formula, Trans Am 30/19
SS, WS6, Firehawk 32/19

One of the better upgrades is Strano's 35/22 Hollow set.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Stock SS sizes are indeed 32/19. The front bar, fwiw is hollow stock, the rear is solid.

I think solid bar are just silly to drag around since you end up carrying on average about 20 more pounds when compared to a set of hollow bars.... But solid bars are cheap, which is why most do them. I don't believe hugely in the cheaper is better thinking. I used to do solid bars, and had so many complaints that they were "so heavy", cost so much to ship, etc. that it caused me to research what doing hollow bars in the sizes I wanted would cost.... I did, and I've got a set at a more than fair price (especially right now with the free shipping).

I have as an option I carry a set of solid bars balanced the way I think they need to be, and they are less expensive. But do not include shipping, and after that's figured in the price difference is only about $60. NOWHERE else can you save 20 pounds + for only $60 in price. Hell, CM option on even something like SFC's saves like 5 pounds, and costs you $100......

Also, hardware is often overlooked. Not all bushings and endlinks are the same... We use a very high durometer urethane (88 +/- 3 pts). and much beefier bolts which have greater tensile strength.

I do believe my bars are the best bars for making these car perform. I can say that because my bars have proven it, been used on cars that slashed many multiple seconds for lap times, and have won National Championships too.

http://stranoparts.com/partdetails.p...=126&ModelID=7

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-06-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get sams bars. He is the smartest guy in the universe when it comes to f-body suspention. If he says they are the best, they are! He races these cars listen to him.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:40 PM
11 Second Club

Got Strano bars in my car what a difference. Worth every penny, When you order he take you order, no question will go unanswered. Great product Great seller. My .02

Quick Reply: What's the stock size sway bars on '98 SS.....