Old 02-08-2010, 08:08 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't go wrong with Strano stuff.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:22 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Strano Performance bars are black only.... I have UMI bars, which are solid if you just have to have red instead. But I'm more function over form and black is the overwhelming choice for most folks, and it's how I keep the costs down to what they are as hollow bars are more costly to make than solid bars. More time and better machines are needed to do it well.

If you compare my bars to Hotchkis, which is the only other set of front and rear hollow (but their rear bar, and in fact all 1" rear bars are IMHO too big). Strano bars about $100+ less per set (and Hotchkis only come in black as well).
Awwweeee. I was wondering about color options. This answers my question. I am only putting red suspension on my car I bet it would cost me $200 extra to have the black removed and re-done in Red. Booooooo
Old 05-09-2010, 01:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 898 Likes on 640 Posts

Krylon can make it happen.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you care about handling then why doesn't the stock bar in black not bother you? Hate to say it but color coding is just plain stupid. ive seen so many cars just ruined because they color all the stupid stuff. Leave it black.

Sam how much is shipping to Tonawanda NY ? I'll have em shipped to me in canada if you can mark em as powdercoated used parts and mark it as a $40 value lol If not i'll smuggle em over myself with a made up reciept as usual.

How much bigger are these than a stock 01 z28 ? I'm curious as to how much stiffer they will be. I'm not too happy with the gc 550/175 and koni 4/4s perhaps some flatness through the corners will make me feel better.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:33 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LilJayV10
Krylon can make it happen.
No.

Originally Posted by Nastyc4
If you care about handling then why doesn't the stock bar in black not bother you? Hate to say it but color coding is just plain stupid. ive seen so many cars just ruined because they color all the stupid stuff. Leave it black.
When did I say I like the stock bars color or handleing capability???? And your opinion about only likeing black suspension parts is just that.....an opinion. My turbo car has all black suspension. For the SS I just bought, I would like it all to be red. I think all red suspension looks bad ***
Old 05-10-2010, 05:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

EDIT, i asked a question then saw the answer,
Old 05-10-2010, 10:21 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 140 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Nastyc4

Sam how much is shipping to Tonawanda NY ? I'll have em shipped to me in canada if you can mark em as powdercoated used parts and mark it as a $40 value lol If not i'll smuggle em over myself with a made up reciept as usual.

How much bigger are these than a stock 01 z28 ? I'm curious as to how much stiffer they will be. I'm not too happy with the gc 550/175 and koni 4/4s perhaps some flatness through the corners will make me feel better.
I have to wonder is *everything* would really be red. The control arms, the axle tubes, etc....

Shipping for a set of bars to Tonawanda NY would be mid $20's. As for the values and all, I can't get into that sort of thing. It's not worth the fines and trouble it can cause. I'd love to help, but it's not exactly legal.

My bars are 35/22. Stock SS bars are 32/19. Mine are both hollow, only the front from GM is, the rear is solid.

The bars are about 30% stiffer than what you have stock, they make a big difference.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: Strano Sway Bars: New lower pricing