Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone else still waiting on the lowering springs??

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redracer1
Well said..

I've been watching these threads for over a year and knew this was the process when I placed my order.

To the OP throw those rear shocks on, I did and I'm one step closer.
Cant wait...loved them in my ws6 and i will love them in my SS as well
Old 12-10-2009, 04:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by xXxSilveradoxXx
^ I agree 100%, Strano springs are worth the wait. If I ever get another F-Body I'll be getting another set of Strano springs, no matter what the wait time is!
exactly i agree 100%
Old 12-10-2009, 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

There is some serious going on in this thread! I would love to own some Strano springs but just not willing to wait that long for any part!
Old 12-10-2009, 05:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

That was constructive. Thank you so much.

Some things are worth waiting for.... Folks here who have them, or have had them in the past tell you they are worth waiting for (and they have also had other springs). But, I have no issue with you not wanting to wait. But my intention was never to put everyone on them... so I make small numbers. I'll sell your set to someone else.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 12-10-2009, 05:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Some things are worth waiting for.... Folks here who have them, or have had them in the past tell you they are worth waiting for (and they have also had other springs). But, I have no issue with you not wanting to wait. But my intention was never to put everyone on them... so I make small numbers. I'll sell your set to someone else.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've gotta say...Sam's springs are worth the wait...here's how it went for me:

I got in on the very tail end of a previous batch of springs so I didn't have to wait
My friend helping me install them randomly said "wow these things are light"
I put the springs in and said "wow, it feels nice but I'll wait till it's aligned to judge for sure"
I got the car aligned and now driving on the highway I keep thinking "wow, this car really responds to me nicely now"
I get out of the car every time I drive it and realize that the ground is closer and smile about the new ride height

So my suspension is stock other than a Hotchkis panhard bar a friend gave me when he wrecked his car, Strano springs I bought from Sam, and 4/4 Koni SA's (a gift from a family member)...the car feels so nice driving...it's so controlled over bumps. For example, there's a bump right before the toll booth I go through every night on my way home...with the stock suspension under the car, when I went over that bump while slowing down (agressively slowing down), the ABS would ALWAYS kick on...now, I can't make it happen...I've tried harder.

I'm driving this thing on snowtires, and it feels better than it used to feel on summer tires...I can't wait to put them back on next spring...I'm actually afraid to push the car too hard on the snowtires...because even though it feels very re-assuring...they're still snowtires...I will push it very hard once the pavement is warm and I've got my 275/40/17's back under the car again though.

So anyways...WORTH THE WAIT...they're great springs, and they save weight.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sam Strano

do you make the springs or are they manufactured by someone else and re-branded? i'm not trying to be rude i am just curious if these are springs that were specifically designed by you or if they are just a spin-off of a previously available/made spring.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:49 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by tuffluck
do you make the springs or are they manufactured by someone else and re-branded? i'm not trying to be rude i am just curious if these are springs that were specifically designed by you or if they are just a spin-off of a previously available/made spring.
you've been around enough of these threads to already know the answer.

the springs are made to Sam's specs, including the material used.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pjb
you've been around enough of these threads to already know the answer.

the springs are made to Sam's specs, including the material used.
then why the hell would i ask the question if i already know the answer?

it is believable they have different specs, even different material than comparable springs, but i would just like to know who manufactures them. i think that is a fair question for a consideration of spending $276.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:54 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

sorry then.

Sam has stated MANY times ALL the details on his springs. I thought you would have known since you read the boards.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:01 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

None of this is information I hide. Others don't tell you who makes their springs, but I will. My springs are mine, and mine alone. They are not rebranded. But I don't have the ability to make springs so they are made to my specs, for me and me alone.

So who makes 'em? Vogtland in Germany as I use their VVS alloy (and the springs have a tighter tolerance than many within 2% of the nominal rate).

And you are spending $275 shipped, not $275 plus shipping--which puts my springs pretty much in the ballpark of other name-brand springs and not even much more than some other springs that don't have the history, proven results, or customers happy enough to spend the time answering these questions in an effort to let you know what they've found out.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:04 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

None of this is information I hide. Others don't tell you who makes their springs, but I will. My springs are mine, and mine alone. They are not rebranded. But I don't have the ability to make springs so they are made to my specs, for me and me alone.

So who makes 'em? Vogtland in Germany as I use their VVS alloy (and the springs have a tighter tolerance than many within 2% of the nominal rate).

And you are spending $275 shipped, not $275 plus shipping--which puts my springs pretty much in the ballpark of other name-brand springs and not even much more than some other springs that don't have the history, proven results, or customers happy enough to spend the time answering these questions in an effort to let you know what they've found out.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks, although i wasn't challenging you, just wanting some information i had not read before.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

And I was trying to give you that information.

I'm sorry if I came off wrong. It's just that there have been some shenanigans where in some people have boldly claimed that am I rebranding other springs. Which is a flat out untruth (ok, it's a lie). However, it is a legit question.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. patience is a virtue. I am, like many waiting on the springs. Although it kills me to look outside and see my camaro looking more like tahoe its sitting so high, sam said there is nothing he can do. I believe him.

I work in retail as the service manager of a bicycle shop. Every summer is the same thing: I order a part, the vendor doesnt have it, so i have to wait. Then the customers start complaining about how absurd it is that it takes so long.

they yell, scream, and pout like spoiled rotten little children that cant have an ice cream cone. Then they call my bosses, and say what a lousy job im doing because I can go into the bathroom and sh*t the part they want.

Complaining wont do a thing. Ive already prepaid for my springs, and have never called sam to bother him about it. If i get tired of waiting, or think hes just pulling my chain(which i dont) i always have the right to cancel the order, or switch the order to different springs.

In fact, by everyone calling him and asking it probably is going to take twice as long to get the springs out b/c he is spending half of his day on the phone answering the same questions, rather than doing his job and getting the stuff out. I know that too, I do it every year.

Just sit tight. The springs will make it. your car will not melt like frosty without them.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by conde'strans
There is some serious going on in this thread! I would love to own some Strano springs but just not willing to wait that long for any part!
That's not how I roll. If a company produces a very good product I'll praise them. If they produce a sub-standard product I'll call them out on it. If you don't believe me search for the "Calling out APS" thread. If I say Strano's springs are worth the wait for me then they are worth the wait.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:15 AM
pjb
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ssjason232
Wow. patience is a virtue. I am, like many waiting on the springs. Although it kills me to look outside and see my camaro looking more like tahoe its sitting so high, sam said there is nothing he can do. I believe him.

I work in retail as the service manager of a bicycle shop. Every summer is the same thing: I order a part, the vendor doesnt have it, so i have to wait. Then the customers start complaining about how absurd it is that it takes so long.

they yell, scream, and pout like spoiled rotten little children that cant have an ice cream cone. Then they call my bosses, and say what a lousy job im doing because I can go into the bathroom and sh*t the part they want.

Complaining wont do a thing. Ive already prepaid for my springs, and have never called sam to bother him about it. If i get tired of waiting, or think hes just pulling my chain(which i dont) i always have the right to cancel the order, or switch the order to different springs.

In fact, by everyone calling him and asking it probably is going to take twice as long to get the springs out b/c he is spending half of his day on the phone answering the same questions, rather than doing his job and getting the stuff out. I know that too, I do it every year.

Just sit tight. The springs will make it. your car will not melt like frosty without them.
you haven't prepaid because Sam doesn't charge your credit card until the springs are ready to ship. There is no reason for anyone that wants a set to not go ahead and place your order. There will always be somebody whining that they didn't get a set.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for telling me what i did or did not do. In fact i have paid for the springs. When i ordered the springs and shocks Sam told me he would charge me when they made it in. I said no need to worry, just charge the whole thing now and save the extra work. he thanked me and charged my card, in full. Next time you speak as to what someone has done or not, know what the f your talking about so you dont look like an ***, as you just did. thanks, and have a good day.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:53 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ssjason232
thanks for telling me what i did or did not do. In fact i have paid for the springs. When i ordered the springs and shocks Sam told me he would charge me when they made it in. I said no need to worry, just charge the whole thing now and save the extra work. he thanked me and charged my card, in full. Next time you speak as to what someone has done or not, know what the f your talking about so you dont look like an ***, as you just did. thanks, and have a good day.

well, aren't you just special.

to everyone else, the point still stands. Sam's policy is to NOT charge your credit card until the springs are in stock and ready to ship. No reason to not get the order in early, if you know you want them.

sorry to get you all upset.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:46 AM
Teching In

I live in the Netherlands (correct, NEXT TO Germany) and I picked up my own set of springs at Sam's shop while I was on a holiday trip.
So, I traveled many miles to get my springs and it was worth it! I really love the handling of my 99 Z now that it's fitted with Koni's 4/4 and the Strano Springs.
I didn't know until I read this thread, that the springs were manufactured right next door! Would I rather have picked em up in Gemany? NO WAY!
When I went by Sam to get my stuff, he took a lot of time to show me the Koni's and what would be the best setup for my wishes. I installed the like so and haven't changed anything since.
What I'm trying to say: it's not just the stuff, but also the help and interrest from Sam that are off extra value. Sam's stuff i'sn't the cheapest, but his knowledge is a priceless bonus.
He also took some time to show me his Camaro, since it was in his shop.
It was a nice experience for me. I wish there would be something like this in The Netherlands, but "cars" is just not so big an industry over here...

I know for sure that I'll contact Sam for any further suspension/chassis upgrades I might want to do in the future.

Cudos to Sam!

MG

Quick Reply: Anyone else still waiting on the lowering springs??