Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone else still waiting on the lowering springs??

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else still waiting on the lowering springs??

I placed my order on 9/21 for the Strano 4/3 package and received the Koni shocks but still have mot received the SP141 springs.. I know Sam said they were being shipped in from Germany, BUT at 60+ days, it seems like the springs could have "floated in on a raft" by now.. Anybody receive any of the lowering springs lately??

Last edited by gateman; 12-18-2009 at 09:42 PM. Reason: respect..
Old 12-09-2009, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Yes I'm waiting as well. Last I heard from Sam they should be coming into port today.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't worry, AFAIK, Sam hasn't let anyone down on orders for his customers. You'll get the set.

That's the downside about his springs, you have to wait to have it since its limited production. That's why I opted another set of springs however I'm using konis/swaybars from him.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:01 PM
TECH Junkie

True. You'll get the springs no doubt. Sometimes it takes a little longer for various reasons and it takes him time to get answers from where its coming from. It will be well worth the wait. He'll definitely have a reason for it once he gets a chance to respond to this thread.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:16 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

Is anyone else waiting? Yes, everyone who has orders in is.... And that's a big reason I do not charge anyone for the springs until they arrive.

I have answered you on many, many occasions and I do my best to answer everyone. But I'm not perfect and I do forget things from time to time. The point of backordering the springs is so that they ship automatically. You asking, and me telling you "they are on they way" doesn't make them come any faster you know....

I've got plenty of folks waiting, you are no alone. Yes, it'd be great if I had them all the time. But guess what, that costs a lot of money (because I don't get cheap springs, I could get them for about half the price--but the product wouldn't be what I consider right, so I don't). Also it takes time for small batches to be produced, tested, shipped, clear customs, get delivered.

Sure I can speed it up. Which would you guys prefer of these choices? 1. A cheaper less quality spring? 2. To pay upfront for your springs (because I ain't rich and if you haven't heard credit is tight--and I'm not able to store hundreds and hundreds of sets). 3. We air freight the springs which would add a lot to the cost. Take your pick.

I'm doing the best I can. I have no reason not to send you your springs. It's not like I have anyone's money (except those few who preferred that they were charged and done with--that's the customer's call).

If you can't wait, that's fine and I understand which is why I also sell other springs too.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 12-09-2009, 04:29 PM
On The Tree

We are just like kids for Christmas. We cannot wait to get them LOL!! I don't mind the wait Sam. One question could you put a status link on your page that might stop alot of people from asking you every week like me. LOL!
Old 12-09-2009, 06:15 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

Sam has always been upfront about the status and ETA. Posting like this does nothing to help anyone. Apparently you knew the status before you posted, so whats up with that?
Old 12-09-2009, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pjb
Sam has always been upfront about the status and ETA. Posting like this does nothing to help anyone. Apparently you knew the status before you posted, so whats up with that?
I was not the OP, I was just replying to him.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ironically, I just got a message. Springs are slated to be picked up by the trucking company between tomorrow and Monday, now we're just waiting on them. But they have gotten here, and will be on the way to my shop shortly.

PLEASE understand that until I have them in-hand I have nothing else I can add about the status other than all orders that are paid will ship first. Then it's a matter of the oldest orders first (assuming the credit cards clear if not I'll call you). Any new orders--becasue I know I'll get a landslide of folks ordering, it always happens when the springs show up will ship based on the time of the orders, again, whatever orders are in first ship first.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:33 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cajunss
I was not the OP, I was just replying to him.
sorry, my comment was directed at the original poster. he seems to be looking to stir up crap.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Staging Lane

Hey Sam, Thanks for the reply.. To answer one of your questions, I would have paid extra for air freight.. no problem... Your reputaion speaks for itself..
I know the quality will be there and I dont want cheaper springs..btw, I have only talked to you twice since the original order..

Pjb..what the **** are you talking about????? I was trying to see how many people are in the same boat...For the record, The last time I spoke to Sam was about ten weeks and they were enroute...just following up... I am sure he gets lots of calls, so that is the reason for the thread.. So, APPARENTLY, If you don't know what you are talking about or are just full of ****..don't post!!!

Last edited by gateman; 12-09-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:58 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Here's some more irony..... I just got my voicemail, for the first time today because, well.... I'm busy. And @ 4:15pm there was a message asking about this, saying pretty much verbatim what was said in the first post.

The springs are coming. If you don't want to wait, ok. Just tell me to cancel the order. I'm available by PM, E-mail, phone (I'll either answer it when I'm not busy or get the message).
Old 12-09-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Junkie

I think from now on I'll order shipping via the raft through Sam. Sounds like it might cost less
Old 12-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by z28bryan
I think from now on I'll order shipping via the raft through Sam. Sounds like it might cost less
Well....uh...em... I probably should not have been such a smartass, just getting anxious.. Sorry Sam,, (at least, I did help sell some of your kits, I sent two other T/A guys your way from our local speed shop..one of the cars has been at the shop with a cam and nitrous work and has suspension upgrades on the menu)
Old 12-09-2009, 07:42 PM
pjb
TECH Resident

I just think we should all appreciate Sam being here for us and not complain about small things, like delays he has explained over and over (and he did here again). Imagine how frustrated he must get sometimes. He gives his all and is honest and up front, you don't get that just anywhere.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by pjb
I just think we should all appreciate Sam being here for us and not complain about small things, like delays he has explained over and over (and he did here again). Imagine how frustrated he must get sometimes. He gives his all and is honest and up front, you don't get that just anywhere.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:41 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by pjb
Thank you, very much, for the nice words.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:40 AM
TECH Regular

they are very much worth the wait!!

thanks for all your help sam!

tony
Old 12-10-2009, 06:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ I agree 100%, Strano springs are worth the wait. If I ever get another F-Body I'll be getting another set of Strano springs, no matter what the wait time is!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:51 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by pjb
Well said..

I've been watching these threads for over a year and knew this was the process when I placed my order.

To the OP throw those rear shocks on, I did and I'm one step closer.

Quick Reply: Anyone else still waiting on the lowering springs??